Graduation Superhero Party Theme
Home >> Graduation Party Themes >> Graduation Superhero Party Theme
KAPOW !! save the world with a brilliant graduation party.
I have tried to give you lots of ideas on Superhero invitations, superhero food, superhero decorations, superhero costumes, superhero games and superhero favors which will be great for any venue.
With lots of fun, energy and enthusiasm your Superhero graduation party ideas can be a brilliant success.
Of course there are lots of superheroes. You may want to use the ideas here and turn them around for The Hulk, Catwoman or Wonderwoman, for example.
Graduation Superhero Party - Invitations
Simplest Photo Superhero Invitations
Simply arrange a good quality Superhero photograph. A photograph of the graduate dressed in superhero outfit would be perfect.
Scan it onto your computer.
Using photo editing software, change the Superhero picture dimensions to the size you need.
Then simply print onto flat card with the printed invitation details on the back. Instant invitations.
Remember to make it clear that entry is only allowed if you are in costume.
Free Printable Graduation Invitations
The Superhero Invitations page has the free printable invite, great ideas on using superhero emblems, more wording and all you need to copy, print and personalize the invite.
Graduation Superhero Party - Decorations
You can create a stunning entrance that will set the scene for a thrilling party.
- Set up large scale decorations to have a real effect.
- Find life sized standees of superheroes
- Put up a banner above the entrance announcing the party
- Make sure the helpers are dressed as superheroes
- Light up the entrance, perhaps with Xmas lights
- Play superhero movie soundtrack music
- photograph the guests with a superhero.
- Signs with KAPOW, KABLAM, POW AND BAM, just make them yourself and copy the writing style from cartoons Lightning bolts would be great too.
- Room rolls with pictures of the superhero
- Cityscapes featuring the superhero flying in to save he day
- Superhero banners, with congratulations to the graduate. Announce the graduation!
- If you know an artist ask them to draw a huge mural with lots of superheros. Ask the guests to color it in, add their own bits and leave messages!
- Or, have the mural created with a montage of superheroes and villains. Put in caricatures of various guests on the characters. You may have a skyline background or use a scene from a famous movie.
- Display lots of posters and photos of the superheroes as their mild mannered persona.
- Balloons and Streamers, in red and blue for Spiderman and Superman. Black and yellow for Batman
- Comics, cut out lots of cartoon strips and hang them everywhere, you may be able to use a photocopier to increase the size
- Superhero door decorations
- Table covers, complete Batman, Spiderman and Superman covers
- Use lots of stickers of superheros and their enemies placed around the party venue
- Use toy superheros and their accessories for decorations.
- Bounce balls
- Display lots of DC Comics
- Using plain balloons draw on various characters. The characters could be the graduate as various superheroes and similarly for other guests. You could also draw superhero emblems on the balloons.
- For Batman, accessories like bats, question marks for the Riddler, Pictures of his arch enemies like Lex Luthor, the Penguin and the Joker, and spider webs. Hang spider webs all around the party, on walls, doors, on chairs and picture frames.
- For Spiderman, accessories like spiders, webs and posters of the Green Goblin and Dr Octopus
- For Superman, accessories like capes and kryptonite
- Cut out newspapers and make up superhero articles from the words. Example Who Is The Bat? Lois Lane is in trouble, can Superman save her? Where is Spiderman, has the Green Goblin got him?
Decorate the table in superhero style.
- Superhero emblem as a centerpiece
- Table cover - use a themed cover or a white cover which you can add drawings and stickers to in superhero theme.
- Also you could decorate a sky blue table cover with a city scape and a superhero flying through.
- Superhero fake tattoos
- Superhero masks
- Superhero face paints, for example decorate your guests with a Spiderman mask.
- Superhero gloves
- Superhero stickers
- Themed t-shirts
Graduation Superhero Party - Confetti
One of the great Superhero graduation party ideas is to have personalized confetti.
The most amazing photo confetti maker, Phofetti, can produce confetti using up to 10 superhero photos and up to 3 accent colors. You can choose red, blue, and black. They have packs to suit your occasion. The superhero photos could be of 10 of the little graduates dressed in costume.
Graduation Superhero Party - Costumes
Getting into Superhero costume starts the excitement early. Get ready for the graduation superhero party with costumes from the best Superhero costume supplier, Buycostumes.
It is great to try and make the superhero costumes. All part of the fun!
Just see what the parents can find and bring with them. You can have Superman, Batman and Spiderman emblems made up along with masks, boots, mild mannered glasses, gloves. Use face paint to get the children into character. Also add superhero stickers and star stickers for effect.
You can also make capes with elastic to tie them on. The elastic can help avoid choking risk.
The children will be totally excited!!
Graduation Superhero Party - Food and Drink
For the party, the food and drink is fairly simple to do.
I always try and remember to balance providing a great selection of food with the fact that kids only eat so much and tend to go for what they like. A balance of presentation to ensure they eat healthy food and also to let them feel they did have a treat at the party!
Signpost the superheroes healthy eating area. A great chance to get young children to eat healthy snacks.
- Superhero fruit area with all the fruit and berries you can muster up. I love bananas for this as they are neat and tidy once you have the skin in the bin.
- Superhero refill with carrots, celery, and any other vegetables you think the kids will eat. All done with a great message that this gives the heroes their superpowers.
- Sandwiches cut in superhero shapes.
- Green Salad, which could be Riddler salad.
- Tuna salad for the Penguin
- For treats red and blue M&Ms, candy with superhero labels on them.
- Ice Cream, from Mr Freeze
- Chocolate raisins
For the superhero drinks, it will be hot in the costumes so lots of water!!
Also mix superhero fruit drinks. Simple enough to make orange, blueberry, strawberry and blackberry drinks. Just mix ice, water and the berries, or fruit, in a blender. Strain the drink to take out the pulp.
The next section gives the complete how to for the cake!
See the Graduation Cake page for the recipe, cooking tools, cooking instructions and ingredients. there are lots of tips and techniques on cupcakes, graduation can cakes, normal and themed decorating ideas and lots, lots more.
Graduation Cake Decorating Idea
Firstly cover the cake in white frosting
The superhero Cake it could be shaped or decorated as a superhero or his emblem.
Bake a regular cake and frost it. Put a superhero emblem on it and add congratulations to the graduate.
Or, for example, cut the cake into a bat shape. Apply icing in black and yellow for the emblem and add congratulations in white.
Or, bake a cake and add KAPOW, BAM or POW in red and blue icing.
Or Add yellow and red food coloring (individually) to the frosting and attempt to make the “S” for the superman symbol – see the clip art image displayed further up the page.
Once you have completed your cake please submit it to our Graduation Cake page and help inspire other cake makers!
Graduation Superhero Party - Games
- Acting - split guests into teams and give them some lines from a superhero movie to act out. Guests can get to know their team and have some fun!.
- Riddle - just like the Riddler set some Riddles for guests to solve as individuals or in teams.
- Trampoline (safely set up) so the guests can practice their superhero flying
- Pass the Superhero. In teams the kids must pass a blow up version of a superhero. The superhero is passed over your head into the hands of the person behind you. Then you run to the end of the line. First team to pass it along their line 3 or 4 times, say, wins.
- Superhero sprint races
- Superhero obstacle course. If you can set up hula hoops to jump into, tunnels to wriggle through, poles to jump over and lots more in a safe way, let the superheroes show their stuff!
- Take the superheroes to one of those laser quest game areas where if they are old enough they can run around zapping each other to help save the world.
- Hire a stunt person to teach guests how to do stage fighting so it looks good but no one is hurt.
- Build a foam brick wall and let guests demonstrate how their superhero would crash though it.
- Leave clues on the ground such as penguin prints and question marks, which form a trail leading to the villain! Prizes for catching the villain
- Set up a superheroes treasure hunt with lots of clues which help guests find the various superhero items.
- Superhero party piece. Everyone has to tell a superhero joke, poem or sing a song.
- Pin the emblem on the superhero, arrange a large picture of a superhero, pinned to a wall. Cut out and draw the superheros emblem, putting blue tack on the back.
- Observation test - discretely display 6 to 10 pictures of superheros, around the venue. Near the end ask guests to complete a sheet on what they observed. Ask for the superhero in the pictures and location of the pictures. Have prizes for those getting all answers correct.
- What Happened Next. Line up a series of DVDs of the main superhero movies. The idea is to show guests the footage in the short period leading up to an amazing event. Then they guess what happened next. Lastly you run the DVD or video on showing them what happened. A good way of doing it is just before the superhero escapes from danger, guests must guess how they did it. You should be able to get amazing incidents. Perhaps there is time to show 3 or 4 of these.
- Name That Superhero Tune - play a short part of superhero tunes and guests must try and name them. You could give guests paper and a pen, play say 10 tunes and ask them to record their answer.
- Trivia Game
Research a number of trivia points on superheroes. Their creator, date first published, list of movies, names of villains and first appearance on TV.
Arrange the guests in teams
Read out the questions and each team can record their answers
Total up the scores and find out who the winner is.
You could make it fun by giving bonuses for best superhero impressions
Have a face painting and tattoos area to make sure the kids feel like real superheros.
Draw a superhero emblem on a T-shirt or paper. You can help the kids with templates and could make it a coloring in game! Just supply pens!
Color in a huge mural size superhero emblem. Draw the mural in advance and ask guests to color in a part of it.
Design your own superhero emblem on paper, t-shirts or even card for place mats.
Graduation Superhero Party - Favors
There are lots of great superhero party favors along with themed favor bags. Fill up the bags with pens, straws, masks, cups, glasses, gloves, themed pens, pencils, notepads, toys and water bottles and lots more! Comics will make a great favor. Also books on each superhero, cartoons on the superheroes. Movie merchandise makes great superhero party favors.
Also Batman and Spiderman beachballs, punchballs, stickers, tattoos and blowouts.
For Superman, balloons, blowouts, and atomic superballs.
Graduation Superhero Party - Music
Through your digital provider such as Itunes you can find all the theme tunes from the various superhero movies. You can download the music and set it up on your own CD. This music will set the scene for your graduation party.
Graduation Superhero Party - Ideas
More superhero theme ideas:
- Take photos and videos of everyone as they arrive posed against a city-scape
- Dress the parents as the Press. They can take lots of photographs and interview the kids at the entrance
- Have an MC with perhaps a karaoke machine to help who announces the superheroes and villains as they arrive and all the superhero party activities.
- There will be lots of gifts for the graduate. Thank You notes written by the graduate are the best!
- Write out rough timings for the party, including expected games times and when you want to serve the food
- Young guests need some free time just to play, arrange activity areas where they can choose what to do, or just run around exploring the superhero party
- Many of the superheroes also have great TV shows. You can also look at TV shows like Smallville to get more characters, decorations and party ideas.
- There will always be a new superhero movie that will have more merchandise and give you decoration and superhero party favor ideas.
- Remember to use those alternative superheroes as part of your decorations. Captain America and even some of the cartoon ones for kids.
- As the host you can act out your superhero character throughout the graduation party. You can even announce each part of the party, such as the cake presentation and games, in dramatic style.
Share Your Superhero Party
If you would like to share your complete party with us send us your graduation party story and photos and we will create your own superhero party page and photo gallery hosted on our site. (Family and friends will be able to find inspiration from your graduation party and comment on your ideas.) If you share your complete party details you will be automatically entered into our next contest. This year we are having a bumper $100 prize fund. There will be an overall winner and runners up prizes. The winner will be the best overall graduation party story and photos.
It's always fun to be silly from time to time and you can certainly manage that with superhero party ideas for your graduation party. The guests will be excited from the minute they get dressed in superhero party costume.
Return from Graduation Superhero Party Theme
to Graduation Party Themes
Return from Graduation Superhero Party Theme
to Home Page