Under The Sea
Graduation Party Ideas
Home >> Kindergarten Graduation Themes >> Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas
Make a fantastic graduation party and let the kids explore the hidden treasures of the world under the sea!
I have tried to give you lots of ideas on under the sea invitations, under the sea food, under the sea decorations, under the sea costumes, sea games and sea favors which will be great for any venue.
With lots of fun, energy and enthusiasm your under the sea graduation party can be a brilliant success.
~~~~~ sea graduation party ideas ~~~~~
Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas - Invitations
Brilliant, simple, ways to design the under the sea graduation party invitations are:
- Invitations can be shaped as a fish, shark, dolphin, clownfish, starfish, whale or jellyfish.
- Simply cut out the shape you wish from cardstock and decorate it on one side to look like the fish.
- Write the invite details on the back
Style the invites as a sunken ship with treasure chest. Wording:
Prepare for the underwater adventure of your life.
Wear your swimming gear, or scuba outfit, and explore the (name of kindergarten) undersea world graduation party on (date).
The sunken ship and treasure are at (venue).
Dive in and have the time of your life.
SOS to (RSVP DETAILS)
If you have a local Aquarium and can use their facilities then this would be a fantastic party.
Use their stationary and invite the kids to the most amazing sea world party. For example the Vancouver Aquarium have dolphin shows, Beluga Whale shows, loads of areas to see tropical fish, sharks and many, many fish I had not heard of before. The friendly staff can arrange kids activities.
Free Printable Graduation Invitations
Feel free to use this free printable invite as you wish.
The Sea Graduation Party Invites page has ideas on
- Simple, fun ideas you can make yourself
- Wording to help you personalize your invites
- How to use the free printable
- Ideas to help you create animal themed projects like save the date cards.
You could of course use a message in a bottle. Simply put sand, shells and plastic fish in a bottle and insert the invitation.
Fairly amazing graduation party ideas.
~~~~~ sea graduation party ideas ~~~~~
Sea Graduation Party Ideas - Decorations
You can recreate a complete under the seascape. A good amount of decorations can make your graduation party an underwater world.
- Shark Photo Prop
- Underwater Escape Photo Mural
- Sea blue gossamer to create the under the sea theme. Decorate the gossamer with fish, dolphins and sharks.
- Use sea blue balloons
- Green streamers
- A banner announcing the party
- Helpers can be dressed as fish or even deep sea divers.
- If you wish to spend some money then there are great entrances with a Giant Octopus, for example, mermaid or Giant Shark mouth. All are great fun and excellent for photographing the guests as they arrive.
- Ships wheel
- Have a treasure chest with lots of coins, fake jewelry and fake gold vases.
- Paint giant pictures of fish, tropical fish, clownfish, sharks, starfish, dolphins and whales onto walls and gossamers.
- Banners to announce the graduation and the under the sea party.
- A Giant shell can be amazing.
- Cover the windows in blue and green cellophane paper for more under the sea effect.
- Dark Blue Water Patterned Gossamer. This unique material makes super backdrops. It's also a wonderful accent for columns, walls, windows, floors, and ceilings.
- Picture of a sunken ship and also a treasure chest
- Put up lots of pictures of marine life. Orca whales, killer whales, great white sharks, dolphins, seals, penguins and also cartoon characters such as Finding Nemo.
- Hang a fish net up. Put plastic fish and starfish in it.
- Obtain enough brown paper from a large packaging roll to cover the floor. This is the fake sand part and then decorate this with fake coral, shells and the plastic fish
- Worth trying to make a boat hull. With say a refrigerator box cut out a boat shape, paint it and hang from the ceiling, again recreating the view from the deep
- Balloons in blue and green, which can also be shaped as fish, whales, dolphins and sea horses. Tie balloons in bunches for effect to doors, back of chairs and light fittings. Balloons also are great in netting to release later in the party.
- Streamers, green ones can be seaweed. Lots of other colors give the party color. Hang from the ceiling to give the under the sea effect.
- Hanging decorations of blow up fish
- Use blue lighting, which could mean covering lighting with safe cellophane
- Under the Sea Balloons
- Put out any toy fish, sharks etc you can get, hang some with clear line from the ceiling to create the view from below feel
- Have the kids decorate jellyfish to hang as decorations. Simply use paper plates for the body (cut in half if you wish), draw the jellyfish and color in, then add streamers for the tentacles
- Again, in advance have the kids draw their own under sea scene and color it in. The graduation party will have a gallery where the kids can be very proud of their work
- Have a bubble blower constantly working to create the sea effect.
- Centerpiece - you can use starfish, shells, coral, streamers
- Sea blue table cover decorated with under the sea creatures.
- Sea blue napkins, plates and cutlery
Decorate Your Guests
- Shell necklaces, goggles and flippers.
- Captain Nemo t-shirts
A great idea is to have a box of guest decorations at the party entrance and hand them out liberally!
I think the best solution is just to use as many decorations as you can and see if you get enough of an effect to really delight the kids.
Of course, if you have outside space available, a warm day and safe equipment you can always fill a a kiddie pool with water. Younger kids can have free time just to play.
Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas - Confetti
One of the great graduation party ideas is to have personalized confetti. The most amazing photo confetti maker, Photofetti, can produce confetti using up to 10 sea photos and up to 3 accent colors. You can choose blue for the sea , and green for seaweed. They have packs to suit your occasion.
The sea theme photos could be of 10 of the little graduates. Under the sea graduation party ideas are much more fun with real photos.
Under the Sea Graduation Party Ideas - Costumes
Fantastic to make your own costumes. Swimwear, diving gear and equipment are a great start! This is one of the cheaper graduation party ideas, everyone will have something to wear.
- Diving outfit
- Shark, Fish, Dolphin, Starfish, Jellyfish, or Whale outfit, with fake tails, fins, flippers and any items you can make for the fish body
For more sea graduation party ideas, search this massive costumes retailer, Buycostumes.
~~~~~ sea graduation party ideas ~~~~~
Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas - Food and Drink
I always try and remember to balance providing a great selection of food with the fact that kids only eat so much and tend to go for what they like. A balance of presentation to ensure they eat healthy food and also to let them feel they did have a treat!
- Goldfish crackers
- Super submarines, these can be supplied by your local Subs outlet, or put together the ingredients to make your own subs on the day.
- Sandwiches shaped as fish using a cookie cutter
- Finger rolls decorated with cucumber to make the fins and tail with raisins for eyes
- Green pasta to look like seaweed
- Pasta shells
- Jelly boats, made by setting Jell-o in hollowed out orange halves. Blue colored Jell-o would be great
- Jell-o shaped as jellyfish
- Fish sticks with french fries
- Sunken treasure which is just cheese nuggets
- Dole Pineapple Fish
- Shell shaped chocolates
To drink, blueberry drinks give the right color. Lots of water to keep the kids going is best, water does fit rather well with under the sea graduation party ideas.
You could prepare vanilla milk shakes and add a safe amount of blue food coloring.
The under the sea graduation party ideas cake is very easy to make as all the ingredients are mixed together in the same bowl.
The Graduation Cake page gives you all the ingredients, cooking instructions, recipe, cooking tools and frosting instructions you need.
Graduation Cake Decorating Idea
1) Make the sponge cake using the ingredients/directions as described above.
2) Now cover the entire cake with yellow frosting or you could make it multi-colored like a tropical fish.
3) The fish body will be the circle when you are looking down on the cake from above. Add an eye using white and black frosting and then add fins using triangular wafers.
Of course, once you bake the cake it can be frosted, decorated and cut into any shape you want. Get creative and decorate a blue sea with a shark, fish, dolphin or starfish.
The kids will be delighted to have an under the sea party cake and all the excitement that goes with a celebration cake.
Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas - Games
- Ask the children to do their own impressions of fish. They can try to be a shark, dolphin, puffer fish and an eel.
- Deep Sea Relay - supply two sets of over-sized flippers, goggles and filled-to-the-brim (with water) beach pails. Divide the kids into two teams, and have the first in line put on the flippers and goggles. Each person must run to a designated line…with the water filled bucket. Each team member then runs the same course after being tagged. Offer two prizes for this game. One for the winning team, and one for the team with the most water left in the bucket!
- Play limbo using a garden hose. If it is an old hose you could make some holes in it and spray water on the guests as they play limbo.
- Octopus tag, starting with the first person to tag someone, the person tagged joins the tag team. Everyone stays in the game.
- Blow fish, set up a basin of water on a table with lots of towels available. Put a floating fish in the center of the basin. The 2 participants get a straw each and line up at opposite sides of the basin. The game is to blow the fish over to your opponents edge, and can be messy!
- Diver Sprinting, the contestants run over a course wearing flippers. Could run say 25 yards. To make it harder try carrying a pail of water in each hand. The idea here is not to spill the water.
- To emulate diving you can have bobbing for apples. Guests must retrieve apples from a water filled pail using only their teeth.
- To emulate fishing you can have Magnetic Fishing, simply draw colorful fish of all kinds on cardboard then cut them out. Attach a paper clip. Set up a fishing rod with a magnet on the end. You can stage the game in many ways with the simplest being just to put the fish on a blue sheet and have the kids sit on chairs to make it slightly harder
- Treasure Hunt - hide chocolate coins around the venue. The children must dash around to find them.
- Blindfold Treasure Dig. Blindfold the guest and have them dig around a sand filled treasure chest, looking for buried treasure. Fill it with coins, jewelry and shells.
- Pin the fin on the shark, just like pin the tail on the donkey.
- Coloring In Set up murals with an under sea scene sketched out. The kids can color in parts of the mural. Or give them coloring in books themed on the sea.
- Message In A Bottle - arrange a table with empty plastic drink bottles (with the lid opened wide enough to place the shells), sand, shells, small plastic fish and paper. Have the kids decorate, and create, a message in a bottle to take home. Similarly you could be brave and create an ocean in a bottle with layers of sand for the seabed, shells, starfish and water
- Paint a shell, with the kids decorating a blank shell. Arrange lots of shells and paint. Some graduation party ideas can be messy!
- Sea Creature - each child can draw their own sea creature from their imagination. Also you could have them work in teams of 3. The first person draws the head, the second the body and the third the tail. After the head and the body fold the paper over so the next person cannot see the previous work. You'll be staggered at how much fun the final drawing is. everyone can leave messages for the graduates.
The Graduation Party Games has a huge range of games including active, team, outdoor, fun and quiet games.
Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas - Favors
So that everyone remembers your under the sea party ideas give lots of great little favors.
Fill blue bags or a sand pail with lots of treats, plastic fish, starfish, goldfish crackers, gummy sharks (and fish), goggles, sea stickers, bubbles and the usual drawing pads and pens.
Also shell necklaces, goggles and flippers.
Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas - Music
Just find lots of soundtrack music and play it!
Try Finding Nemo and Little Mermaid.
Sea graduation party ideas can benefit a lot from whale and dolphin sounds, lapping waves, and well known theme tunes.
Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas - More
Enhance your sea party ideas with these ideas:
- Take a photograph of everyone posing beside a shark!
- Fish style face painting
- Host the party at an Aquarium, real sea graduation party ideas
- Take the chance to educate the kids in a fun way. Find great pictures and information on some well known and unusual fish, sharks, dolphins, whales and seals. Create a table with the educational material and set a quiz for the kids to find about the sea life.
- There will be lots of gifts for the graduate. Thank You notes written by the graduate are the best!
- Write out rough timings for the party, including expected games times and when you want to serve the food
- The kids need some free time just to play, arrange activity areas where they can choose what to do, or just run around exploring the sea graduation party ideas
- Stick to games the kids know, it can be too much to teach a new game
- Try to avoid games where some kids are out. An increasing number of bored kids will not help the party
- Protect your furniture, sea graduation party ideas can be messy
- Talk to your neighbors in advance
- Save money and have a joint party with other graduates.
This can give excellent cost sharing, lots of people to do the work and help find items at cheaper costs.
- Save money and book venues for the cheaper weeknights
- Think about the venue and the likely weather. A beach, tent, kindergarten, YMCA, local park or school gym can be great alternatives for sea party ideas.
Share Your Sea Graduation Party Ideas
If you would like to share your complete sea party with us send us your graduation party story and photos and we will create your own party page and photo gallery hosted on our site. (Family and friends will be able to find inspiration from your graduation party and comment on your ideas.) If you share your complete sea party details you will be automatically entered into our next contest. This year we are having a bumper $100 prize fund. There will be an overall winner and runners up prizes. The winner will be the best overall graduation party story and photos.
For favors, prizes and great party supplies see the World's Largest Party Superstore.
The little graduates deserve a great graduation party. Under the sea graduation party ideas is a fantastic theme full of fun and adventure.
Return from Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas
to Kindergarten Graduation Themes
Return from Under The Sea Graduation Party Ideas
to Home Page