Magic Graduation Party Themes
Home >> Main Party Themes Page >> Magic Graduation Party Themes
Recreate your very own magic show! Amaze the audience with stupendous acts of magic.
A magic party is great fun to stage and to join in.
I have tried to give you lots of Magic graduation party ideas on invitations, food, decorations, costumes, games, music and favors which will be great for any venue.
You may have a Home Party or alternative venue in mind.
With lots of fun, energy and enthusiasm your graduation party can be a brilliant success.
Recreate your own magic stage with card tricks, escape equipment and magic boxes. Dazzle the party goers.
Magic Graduation Party Themes - Invitations
There are many ways of creating magic party invites.
Simple To Do
Make your own ones by cutting out a magic shape from cardstock. The shape could be a magician's hat, wand or cards, for example.
Decorate one side with the magic symbol. For example you could color it black, color the tips white and add a little glitter for a wand.
Just write the party details on the other side. A wording example could be:
(With a picture of a magician)
The marvelous (graduate) magician invites you to a magic party at (venue) on (date/time).
Wonder at the magic tricks and be amazed at the disappearing food.
RSVP to ...
Here is an example. Feel free to right-click your mouse over it and save it to a folder somewhere. You can then print as many as you need.
Click on magic printable graduation invitations for printing and personalizing instructions. Also wording, projects and great photo ideas.
One last idea is to use real magic film flyers or if you have booked a magician, their publicity material. Just write the party invitation on the back!
Magic Graduation Party Themes - Decorations
To give a real magical feeling the decorations you should fill the venue with lots of magic symbols and equipment.
Create a magical entrance to wow your guests.
- A Banners announcing the magic party.
- A ticket booth just like a theater
- Set up theater style signposts and posters around the venue. The detail can include the ‘curtain up‘ time and photos of the ‘star’ acts.
- Lighting around the entrance which could be Xmas tree lights.
- A helper dressed as a theater concierge
- A red carpet
- Lots of magic symbols made from cardstock or even construction paper if you need them to be very big. The symbols could be wands, cards, white gloves and magicians hats.
- Set up a stage. Use a floor area that can have stage style curtains and lighting if possible. This can be for the entertainer or talent spots.
- Gossamer hung up to provide a magical backdrop.
- Film posters with Magicians, Harry Houdini, David Copperfield and any other famous magicians.
- Make giant magic shapes like playing cards, wands and white rabbits to display.
- Top hats, wizard hats, wands, cards, white gloves, coins and any other magician's equipment you can find.
- If you have an artist friend you could have them draw a giant magic stage set. The guests can color the mural in, draw their own addition and leave messages for the graduates.
- Video Wall - display videos of famous magician's shows on a wall. Perhaps this would fit beside a quiet area of the graduation party.
- Streamers in black and red.
- Banners announcing the magic graduation party themes. You can paint a bed sheet.
- Balloons, tied in bunches. Great for lighting, a door and chairs.
- Pictures of wizards such as Merlin.
- Shimmer Balls are always great for any party!
- Toy white rabbits.
- Make your own magic bunting by cutting star shaped card and putting it onto string.
- Pictures of the graduate dressed as a magician.
Create a magical table, including giving guests a magic trick to play at their table.
- Centerpiece - a magician‘s hat complete with soft toy white rabbit.
- Cards, wands, stars and white gloves can be arranged around the table for effect.
- Magic themed napkins, plates and cups.
A bit like a treasure hunt, you can have great fun tracking down as many Magic items for the magic graduation party themes as you can.
Decorate your guests, this is a brilliant way to add to the magic graduation party themes and getting your guests in the graduation party mood!
- Magic hats and tricks
- White gloves
- Magic Wands
A great idea is to have a box of guest decorations at the party entrance and hand them out liberally!
Magic Graduation Party Themes - Costumes
Everyone can get into the spirit of being a magician or even hypnotist or escapologist.
A Wizards hat could easily be made from black construction paper. Then decorate it with stars.
Borrow a cape, wand and toy rabbit and hey presto a magician. Add in a top hat, tuxedo style clothing, cards and white gloves and you have a stylish magician.
To add to the effect:
- Fake tattoos with a magic theme
- Face paints or make up to give the mysterious magical effect
- For accessories, buy a cheap magicians pack and use the equipment
- For Harry Potter buy a fake lightning tattoo and glasses. Accessorize with a broom.
Magic Graduation Party Themes - Confetti
A great graduation party idea is to have confetti.
The most amazing photo confetti maker, Photofetti, can produce confetti using up to 10 graduation Mardi Gras photos and up to 3 accent colors. You can choose black and red for magic. They have packs to suit your occasion.
The graduate photos could be of the graduate dressed in Magician outfit, fitting the graduation party themes, or simply at different ages.
Magic Graduation Party Themes - Food and Drink
I think the food for a magic party can be fairly basic.
Some examples to look into are:
- Sandwiches cut in a magic shape such as wizard hats.
- Similarly you can cut Pizza, cookies and burgers into shapes like magician hats, rabbits, cards and magic wands.
- Licorice could be served as magic wands.
- Candy floss
- Theater food like popcorn, ice cream and candy.
- Use upside down magician's hats to serve M&Ms and other snacks
- Chocolate bunnies.
The Magic graduation party themes drinks should be colorful and fun. There are lots of non alcoholic cocktails.
- Water to keep the party goers going
- Fruit smoothies
- Grape juice
- Pineapple juice
- Lemon and Lime soda
Magic Graduation Party Themes Cake Ideas
The magic graduation party themes cake is very easy to make as all the ingredients are mixed together in the same bowl.
Click here for full instructions on making the graduation cake. That includes cooking tools, ingredients, cooking instructions, baking and covering the basic cake.
Once you have the basic cake you can cut it into any shape you want and frost it as a top hat, wizard hat, wand or even cards.
Cupcakes are also excellent. There are magic themed cases to hold them. Also you can decorate them with fondant shaped as stars or magic wands on top.
Magic Graduation Party Themes - Games
Magic graduation party themes games give you the chance to inject some fun into the party. The games below are both magic games and also some great party games.
- Hire a magician who can involve everyone in the act.
- Magician talent spot. Let the guests know they will be expected to perform a magic trick. They can work in teams to perform a mind reading act, use a cheap magic trick kit or even borrow a magic cabinet.
- Disappearing guests, the idea is to use paper towels, or toilet roll, to cover the disappearing guest from head to toe.
- House Of Cards
Split guests into teams and give each team a pack of cards.
The challenge is to build a house of cards by balancing the cards on end and creating a tower.
The first team to complete should get a prize.
You may want to put a time limit on this one and give a prize to the best house of cards.
- Magic Treasure Hunt
Hide various pieces of magic equipment around your venue.
Guests must locate the pieces and note their location on a piece of paper.
You may want to give clues or just let guests run around looking for the treasure.
You can add a twist by having a jumbled up word which is formed by the first letter of each piece of magic equipment, guests also solve the word puzzle at the end.
- Un-popable Balloon (Adults To Perform This Trick!)
Cover an area of an inflated balloon with Sellotape.
Show guests you can stick a pin in the balloon without it bursting by using the covered area.
Build up the trick by being very theatrical
Try the trick out in advance to be sure it works for you, and practice your routine.
- How Did They Do It - perform a good magic trick and ask guests to guess how you did it.
- Guess who, disguise well know guests as magicians and the guests must guess who they are.
- Face painting, make the guests up as magicians.
- Ask the guests to draw magician style caricatures of the graduate.
- Spin the wheel, borrow the equipment and give away magic prizes.
- Pass the parcel with magic equipment as the prize.
- For younger guests have magic coloring in sheets and pens on a table set out for them to enjoy.
- Decorate a magicians hat - give each guest a hat, star shapes, cards, glitter and glue so they can decorate their own hat.
For all of these games have lots of magic equipment as prizes.
Click here for a huge range of graduation party games
Magic Graduation Party Themes - Favors
- Magic equipment
- Top hats could be filled with lots of favors
- Streamers, balloons, and whistles
- Harry Potter lightning tattoo and glasses
- Magic style pens, pencils and pads
- Wizard hats
- Film DVDs based on magic such as The Prestige
- Candy bars
- White gloves
Magic Graduation Party Themes - Music
If you have a large venue then the best music is a live DJ who can combine getting the party going and also providing the magical suspense.
Also film soundtracks from such as The Prestige.
Magic Graduation Party Themes - Ideas
More great Magic graduation party themes ideas are:
- Make sure everyone has their photo taken.
- Video the party
- Hire performers, jugglers, magicians, unicycle riders, people on stilts and other fabulous entertainers in addition to the magician. A wandering magician will be able to entertain guests all night!
- Party magazine - collect all the party photos and stories. Collate them in a magazine which you can send to guests. If you had a magic show collect guests critical reviews of the show and include the best and funniest reviews in the magazine.
- There will be lots of gifts for the graduate. Thank You notes written by the graduate are the best!
- Write out rough timings for the party, including expected games times and when you want to serve the food
- Save money and book venues for the cheaper weeknights, perhaps leaving more money to decorate your graduation party themes.
Use the magic graduation party themes to help make the party go better.
Share Your Magic Graduation Party Themes Ideas
If you would like to share your complete magic party with us send us your graduation party story and photos and we will create your own party page and photo gallery hosted on our site. (Family and friends will be able to find inspiration from your graduation party and comment on your ideas.) If you share your complete magic party details you will be automatically entered into our next contest. This year we are having a bumper $100 prize fund. There will be an overall winner and runners up prizes. The winner will be the best overall graduation party story and photos.
Good luck with your magic graduation party themes. It is one of the best, most vibrant of graduation party themes.
Return from Magic Graduation Party Themes
to the Party Themes Page
Return from Magic Graduation Party
to the Home Page
By Jane Andrew, Copyright © 2009 - 2018 graduation-invitations-graduation-party.com