Safari Ideas For Graduation Party
Home >> Graduation Party Themes >> Ideas For Graduation Party
Have a ROARING time at a Safari graduation party. Particularly for kids this is one of the better graduation party ideas.
I have tried to give you lots of ideas on safari invitations, safari food, safari decorations, safari costumes, safari games and safari favors which will be great for any venue.
This page is all about having a Safari graduation party theme. Click here for lots of other great graduation party themes..
Safari Ideas For Graduation Party - Invitations
There are great ways of creating excellent circus invitations.
Free Printable Graduation Invitations
Something like the printable invitation below would be great for a circus graduation party theme. Feel free to use it if you'd like. Just right-click over the image and save it to your desktop. You can then print as many as you need - 5" by 7" paper is ideal.
Feel free to use these graduation invitations as you wish, they are free and will save a lot of time!
The safari graduation invite page has another free invite with full personalizing and printing instructions which you can use on both invites. Also great ideas on using clip art to make all kinds of party essentials, creating simple photo invites and the easiest homemade invite.
Safari Ideas For Graduation Party - Confetti
A great idea is to have personalized confetti.
The most amazing photo confetti maker can produce confetti using up to 10 safari photos and up to 3 accent colors. They have packs to suit your occasion. The safari photos could be of 10 of the little graduates dressed as intrepid explorers or animals in keeping with safari ideas for graduation party.
Safari Ideas For Graduation - Costumes
- Khaki outfits with walking boots
- Pith helmets
- Binoculars, cameras, torch lights and maps
- Animal costumes, you can make your own of course
- Face Paints for a brilliant animal face. The perfect touch to make your animal costume complete
- Water Canteens
- Elephant design with trunk, ears and tail
- Tiger design with tail and face paint
- Zebra design with stripes and face paint
- Lion design with mane, tail and face paint
- Dress as Tarzan and Jane.
Your guests can be creative coming up with costume ideas.
Safari Ideas for Graduation - Decorations
Prepare to turn your venue into a Safari Park! There are fantastic decorating ideas.
Create a real Safari Experience right from your entrance.
- Rainforest Circle Arch
- Banner with the party details like "Welcome To Serengeti National Park"
- Light up your entrance with Tiki torches.
- On your driveway set out animal prints in chalk.
- Guests can be greeted by helpers in Park Ranger uniform
- Park a safari jeep in the driveway
- At the entrance set up a table with a Passport Control or Game Park entrance banner. Have a table and a chair so that the Passports can be stamped or the Game Park tickets can be taken.
- If you have posts in the front of the house you can make them look like palm trees. Cover the post in fabric and use brown and green felt to make the top.
Large Scale Decorations
Use these ideas to create a real sense of the safari theme:
- Erect tents covered with camouflage net.
- Bamboo huts which can serve food and drink, and be the games centers
- Safari murals including animals and people, and a tree house
- Maps of the venue to identify the animal areas, huts for food and drink, games huts and dance floor. Hand them out as the guests arrive
- Put up animal pictures everywhere.
- Put up signs with Serengeti National Park, Tanzania, Africa.
- For a wall decoration make trees from colored butcher paper. Also make vines from twisted brown crepe paper. Add toy monkeys to the trees.
- On the wall make a fake waterfall. Use something like an 8‘ length of metallic shreds or perhaps tinsel hanging from the wall. Put blue butcher paper at the bottom to look like a pond.
- If you have stairs that are out of bounds you could make them look like a river by using a blue sheet.
- Safari vehicles like Land Rovers, perhaps toy ones or pictures. If you have a willing parent who can make their SUV into a safari vehicle with zebra stripes and the name of the game park then even better.
- Enchanted Amazon Theme Decor
- Safari Balloons, in greens, yellow and brown to help create the safari theme, also animal print balloons, for monkeys, lions and zebras.
- Streamers, in green, yellow and brown
- Gossamers showing safari themes which can be hung around the venue, for example a zebra pattern gossamer.
- Use palm leaf thatching to add a real jungle 'canopy' feel to your ideas for graduation party.
- Pictures of intrepid explorers
- Use bamboo corrugated paper as a backdrop for the party decorations.
- Using chalk write Beware Of The Lions and Don‘t Feed The Animals on windows.
- Signposts with, for example, Karachi 1000 miles, Nairobi 2000 miles and other famous African cities. Also if the venue is big the signposts can give the actual details of the party set up
- Tiki Torches
- Animal footprints in chalk
- Accessories such as binoculars, cameras, torch lights, maps, water bottles and a compass
- Fake snakes, spiders and toy lions, tigers, giraffes, elephants and anything else you have. There are also inflatable animals.
- Lighting the ideas for graduation party is important. Use Xmas tree lights. This is a great effect if the party is outdoors, as the sun goes down.
- Giant Butterflies
- Animal footprints
- If you have an artist friend ask them to create a giant safari theme mural which can be colored in, added to and also have guest messages left on it - interactive ideas for graduation party.
- Make card cut outs of animal shapes and paint them to look like real animals. You can put them on our driveway and throughout the venue.
Decorate Your Guests
Decorate your guests, this is a brilliant way to add to the party theme and getting your guests in the graduation party mood!
- Pith helmets, binoculars and face paints. Dress your guests up all ready for the party.
- Give them a Park Pass to wear
Table decorating ideas for graduation party include table covers using covers with safari prints and coconut halves for cups. The table cover could be a camouflage cover or a white cover which you decorate with animal prints. Add tiki lights and mini palm trees. Use jungle themed plates and napkins.
On safari, catering will be outdoors in the middle of the camp. You could set your table up to look just like one on safari. It could be surrounded by oil lamps.
There are lots of brilliant decorating ideas for graduation party at the World's Largest Party Superstore.
Safari Ideas For Graduation Party - Food and Drink
Food ideas for graduation party are fairly simple just as on a real life safari. You could create an oasis, tiki hut or a safari kitchen.
Signpost the food area as the Safari Kitchen.
- Pizza with animal face shapes made with cheese and peppers. create the animal face stripes with different colors of peppers and cheeses. Cut into strips and decorate the pizza. Simply top off with olives for eyes
- Hot Dogs
- BBQ chicken and pork.
- Think of traditional campfire food. Rotisserie chicken or other meat you like
- Green salad made with lots of spinach, lettuce, cabbage, cucumber and peppers
- Animal shaped sandwiches made with a cookie cutter
- Animal droppings, chocolate raisins
- Gummy worms, animal crackers, animal shaped cookies
- Lots of fruit, including papaya, passion fruit, kiwi, and bananas.
- Banana splits.
Another food ideas for graduation party is to leave out lots of food and treats in upturned pith helmets!
To drink, root beer is good, ginger ale and of course green Gatorade!
Water in water canteens is a great touch. The guests can keep the canteens as a favor.
This cake is very easy to make as all the ingredients are mixed together in the same bowl.
The Graduation Cake page gives you the full instructions on cooking tools, cooking times, ingredients, recipe, and frosting instructions. Also great ideas on cupcakes, cap cakes, cake decorating, themed cake decorating, and lots of tips and techniques.
Graduation Cake Decorating Idea
1) Cover the entire cake in lemon colored frosting.
2) Pipe the lion features using black frosting very similar to the Wiltons cake below.
3) Using orange frosting and a wider nozzle on your piping bag pipe blobs of orange around the edge of the cake to make the mane.
Safari Ideas For Graduation Party - Games
Great games ideas for graduation party:
- Animal Charades, perhaps cutting out animal pictures from magazines
- Safari quiz, make up a quiz based on the animals and locations in Safari Parks
- Treasure hunt, draw animal tracks to guide the guests round the clues
- Lion shaped pinata
- Horseshoe toss
- Blindfold touch. Fill a box with safari goods such as fake snakes, a compass, a spider, and other items. For fun pick some sticky, gooey items. The game is to guess what the items are.
- Using an animal sounds CD play the sounds one at a time. The game is to guess the animals
- Blindfold obstacle course. In a separate room put some soft items. Place say 6 fake snakes or spiders. The game is to crawl round the room blindfolded and find the 6 snakes. You can make it more fun with scary roaring lion sounds. Also put in some things which are uncomfortable to touch, such as tomatoes cut in half.
- Face painting to have any kind of animal. Lions, tigers, leopards etc.
- Pin the tail on the elephant. Simply draw a large elephant on a sheet of paper. Attach the paper to a wall. Organize a tie and bluetack to attach the tail
- Play Guess Who. Dress up and photograph well know party guests or teachers in safari costume perhaps holding binoculars in front of their face. Have the kids guess who each photograph is of
- Play animal charades.
- Have a safari trivia contest. Any encyclopedia will give lots of great facts to base the quiz on.
- For younger kids set up a crafts table with safari animal coloring in. Also there are animal foam craft kits to keep everyone busy making their own safari animals.
- Draw giant animal footprints on a mural or the floor, say of 5 to 10 animals. Give the children a complimentary list of animals and ask them to say which footprint belongs to which animal. Some craft shops have kids animal face mask kits. The idea is the kids can decorate their own animal masks.
- Best costume ideas for graduation party contest.
- Have a treasure hunt. Give everyone a map of the venue. Hide various safari items round the venue and have everyone find them. All they do is mark the location of each treasure item on their map.
- Play snap with animal cards
- Observation test - discretely display 6 to 10 pictures of safari animals around the venue which have something different about them. That could be they have a clear World Wildlife Fund sticker on them. Near the end ask guests to complete a sheet on what they observed. The sheet should be a map of the venue. Ask for the animals in the pictures and location of the pictures. Have prizes for those getting all answers correct.
- What Happened Next. Line up a series of animals do the funniest things videos. The idea is to show the kids the footage in the short period leading up to the amazing event. Then they guess what happened next. Lastly you run the video on showing them what happened. You should be able to get amazing incidents. Perhaps there is time to show 3 or 4 of these.
- Guess the animal, cover large photos of tigers, elephants, lions, giraffes, leopards, and jaguars almost completely except for say a distinguishing nose, their eyes, trunk, neck, or even a mane. Guests must guess what they are, and again prizes for getting them all right.
- Give guests safely all the things they need to make animal masks including cardstock.
- Disguise a guest, or local personality, or teacher in an animal costume. Video them acting out being the animal. Show the video at the party. Guests must guess who they are. First to guess wins the prize.
I hope these graduation party games give you some inspiration. The right games ideas for graduation party can make it great fun! Lots more graduation party games!
Safari Graduation Party - Favors
Have a look at the Zebra Print Personalized Travel Mugs.
Favor ideas can make the party truly memorable.
In a pith helmet put lots of favors. Plastic binoculars, compass, flashlights, water bottle, animal crackers, snake, torch light, map, disposable camera, animal tattoos, safari animal finger puppets, soft toys and safari prints.
Also cake, gummy worms and animal crackers.
Other graduation party favors are:
- Submit a charity donation to WWF on behalf of the guest.
- Give guests tickets to a local Zoo or wildlife adventure park
- Give books on animals and the jungle
- Give Dvds of one of those wildlife explorers who tell all about the jungle and the animals who live there.
- jungle animal sounds CDs would be a great reminder of the safari ideas for graduation party.
- Safari Print Jeep
Safari Ideas For Graduation Party - Music
There are great music ideas.
You should be able to find great animal sounds CDs! These add an amazing atmosphere to the party. Ask the kids for ideas for graduation party music. Perhaps The Lion Sleeps Tonight is a good start with your ideas for graduation party.
Safari Ideas For Graduation Party - Ideas
More safari ideas for graduation party:
- Take a photo of everyone against a safari background
- Hire a safari set from a film or theater prop hire company.
- Give everyone a red jelly bean and tell them it is a Malaria pill at the entrance. This can set the scene for your safari ideas for graduation party.
- At the entrance brief guests on the Safari Park layout, the dangers of getting too close to the wild animals and not to feed the animals. Use this to emulate the kind of welcome talk that a game park warden or Safari leader would give.
- Have someone act the part of the Tour Guide. They can have a script talking about the park, a safety briefing and the wonders of the wild.
- For endangered species make up an area of the party to highlight their plight. You can have information on each species, pictures and details from the World Wildlife Fund on how to make donations.
- Ask a local Zoo keeper to come and give a talk on the animals you would meet on a safari. They may have a slideshow on the rescue animals kept at the zoo, lots of great information on them and also the personalities of the ones at the zoo.
- Perhaps the ideas for graduation party could include fund raising activities if that is appropriate for particular animals. There are lots of very good causes. You could have auctions, raffles and donations.
- Draw animal faces on balloons
- Organize wonderful African dancers for authentic ideas for graduation party.
- Small kids need some free time just to play, arrange activity areas where they can choose what to do, or just run around exploring the ideas for graduation party
- Stick to games the kids know, it can be too much to teach a new game
Share Your Ideas For Graduation Party
If you would like to share your complete party with us send us your graduation party story and photos and we will create your own party page and photo gallery hosted on our site. (Family and friends will be able to find inspiration from your graduation party and comment on your ideas.) If you share your complete party details you will be automatically entered into our next contest. This year we are having a bumper $300 prize fund. There will be an overall winner and runners up prizes. The winner will be the best overall graduation party story and photos.
For ideas for graduation party favors, prizes and ideas for graduation party supplies see the World's Largest Party Superstore.
It's always fun to be silly from time to time and you can certainly manage that with safari ideas for graduation party. It is one of the best ideas for graduation party.
Return from Ideas For Graduation Party
to Graduation Party Themes
Return from Ideas For Graduation Party
to Home Page
By Jane Andrew, Copyright © 2009 - 2018 graduation-invitations-graduation-party.com