Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme
Home >> Kindergarten Graduation Themes >> Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme
Friendly cartoon dinosaurs, Jurassic Park, jungles, T-Rex and Velociraptors all make exciting costumes and decorations for an amazing graduation party!
Make your party a fun, and scary, one which the kids will love.
With lots of fun, energy andenthusiasm your graduation party ideas can be a brilliant success.
I have tried to give you lots of Dinosaur ideas on invitations, food, decorations, costumes, games, music and favors which will be great for any venue. You may have a Home Party or alternative venue in mind.
Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme - Invitations
- Dino Cards - cut out dinosaur shapes from cardstock and decorate them to look just like a friendly dinosaur on one side. Then write the invite details on the back. (You could use the shape of a dinosaur egg)
- Chocolate Egg - Ask your local store to write dinosaur names on the egg and package up the egg as normal. Simply insert the party details written on a card. (You could do this with “dino dig eggs” sold at toy stores.
- Photo the graduate wearing a dinosaur costume. Size the photo using your PC‘s photo software and print it onto card. Write the invite details on the back
- Jurassic Park - create a ticket to the park using red or orange construction paper. On one side write in black permanent marker ADMIT ONE with all the party information on the other side.
- Jurassic Park Map - create a map of the park with details of the venue and write the party details on the back.
- Images - find a free to use dinosaur image online and print it onto card, again write the invite details on the back.
The Dinosaur Printable Graduation Invitations page has ideas on
- Simple, fun ideas you can make yourself
- Wording to help you personalize your invites
- How to use the free printable
- Ideas to help you create animal themed projects like save the date cards.
Something like the printable invitation below would be great for a dinosaur graduation party theme. Feel free to use it if you'd like. Just right-click over the image and save it to your desktop. You can then print as many as you need - 5" by 7" paper is ideal.
Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme - Costumes
The fun really starts here.
The Dinosaur theme is full of brilliant costumes. Just make dinosaur masks, dinosaur humps and wear grey clothing.
If you wish to make your own you should be able to make very good costumes for a dinosaur graduation party theme.
- Explorers with pith helmets, khaki, binoculars and cameras to mimic archaeologists.
- Dinosaur finger puppets
Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme - Decorations
For a Jurassic park it is fantastic to have lots of decorations. You'll know how far you can afford to go here.
You can aim for a real Dinosaur graduation party theme.
Create a thrilling entrance to your Dinosaur park.
- Large Sign - with the park name, for example, Graduate Jurassic Park
- Banner - announcing the graduation party
- Helpers - dressed as Dinosaurs and Paleontologists
- Photo Area - create a dinosaur backdrop for photos perhaps just using a large movie poster.
- Driveway - set out dinosaur footprints in chalk.
- Driveway - park a jeep with a Jurassic Park sticker on the side
- Sounds - add a great atmosphere with Dinosaur sounds.
- Life Sized cut out of a Dinosaur to use for photographs.
- Dinosaur footprints,they could be used to show the way into the party.
- Sandpit with a dino dig, bury some fake dino bones.
- Dinosaur Banners, with dinosaur images and graduation wording.
- Dinosaur banner
- Pictures of Dinosaurs, including T-Rex, Velociraptor, and Stegosaurus
- Dinosaur film posters are great. Jurassic Park and Dinosaurs will give you great images. If you can find some real ones, excellent. If not just print them off the internet and enlarge.
- Murals of dinosaur images with prehistoric creatures and perhaps a volcano as a backdrop.
- Murals made up of drawings of dinosaurs. Ask the guests to color it in and add messages for the graduate. The same can be done with pictures size drawings.
- For the ambitious you could make a prehistoric scene. Cut an empty fridge box into shape. Paint the jungle and perhaps a water scene. Inside put some toy dinosaurs.
- Put chalk dinosaur footprints in the driveway and also on the graduate‘s car. That could be made to look like the dinosaur has walked over the car.
- Dinosaur park entrance to welcome guests to your prehistoric land.
- Dinosaur mylar balloons
- Create a jungle effect with green streamers and balloons.
- Bunting which you can make from card and thread, then hang from light fittings.
- Flags with little dinosaurs on them.
- Dinosaur skeletons made from model construction kits
- Use Xmas lights which can be used to light areas of the party.
- Decorate with lots of soft dinosaur toys.
Lots of decorations will give this Dinosaur party the right atmosphere. A bit of imagination and effort will give you your own Jurassic Park!
- Centerpiece - a large toy Dinosaur
- Cover - use a white table cover and decorate with dinosaur footprints and dinosaur stickers.
- Dinosaur themed napkins, plates, cups and cutlery
Decorate Your Guests
- Dinosaur face paints, with a fake dino jaw.
- Jurassic Park themed hats and t-shirts
A great idea is to have a box of guest decorations at the party entrance and hand them out liberally!
Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme - Food and Drink
Best stick to the basics for a dinosaur graduation party theme.
- Cut sandwiches into Dinosaur shapes.
- Chicken wings
- Brontosaurus Burgers: Make some burgers for the dinosaur birthday party guests.
- Dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets
- Fill ice pop molds with lemonade. Add a few dinosaur candies (gummy dinosaurs) and freeze overnight
- Vegetable trays for the plant eaters
- Hot (Dino) Dogs
- Sandwiches cut into the shape dinosaurs.
See the Graduation Party Food page for a large range of party food ideas.
The Dinosaur graduation party theme cake is very easy to make as all the ingredients are mixed together in the same bowl.
The Graduation Cake page gives all the details you need on the recipe, cooking tools and ingredients.
Simple Decorating Idea for Your Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme Cake
1) Cut the cake into a Volcano shape. Red frosting for the top of the volcano and use chocolate frosting for some lava flow. Use green frosting for grass and blue frosting for water.
2) Add some dino toys for effect.
3) Bake a rectangular cake. Cut the cake in half lengthwise and lay one half onto a serving plate. Using a zigzag cut, slice the remaining half into two large triangles and a number of small triangles to form dinosaur head, tail, and spikes. Place the spikes on top of whole half, and place large triangles at the head and tail. Frost the cake with green or chocolate frosting. Use sprinkles or candy to create details for face, feet, and tail.
Alternatively try a T-Rex, Velociraptor, Teradactyl, Diplodocus, or Stegosaurus design. Add in congratulations to the graduate.
Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme - Games
A Dinosaur party offers the chance to have fantastic games.
- Dinosaur face paints
- Ask the graduates to put on a Dinosaur act in teams. Should be brilliant to see the Paleontologists and Dinosaurs doing their act. This could be an individual Talent Show.
- Fill a sandpit with fake bones, toy dinosaurs, dino eggs, and cover with twigs an leaves, and have a Dino dig.
- Play Dino movies.
- Water Balloon juggling and water balloon toss.
- Color in Dinosaur coloring pages.
- Charades, using dino theme.
- Have a dunking booth with some brave people willing to get wet.
- Kids can make, and decorate, their own Dinosaur footprints
- Jurassic Park parade so that everyone can show their costumes.
- Create a volcano and fill it with baking soda. Add vinegar to make it erupt.
- Dinosaur treasure hunt. Place toy dinosaurs around the venue and ask the guests to find them. Give out written clues and to make it really competitive, and time each guest. Prize for fastest. If you have a safe route and the safe number of adults to kids you may be able to extend the treasure hunt around your neighborhood. Set out dinosaur tracks and hide dinosaurs in neighbors’ front yards.
- Make up a Coconut Shy, with the graduates picture on the coconuts. Give a prize to anyone who knocks off all the coconuts with the tennis balls. Could be say 3 coconuts and 3 tennis balls.
- For adults, play a famous line from one of the Jurassic Park films and ask guests to name the movie. You could even play parts like the phone ringing from Jurassic Park 3
- Decorate a Dinosaur Cake, bake some cakes and supply lots of colored icing.
- If the children are old enough you could have them make Dinosaurs from Plasticine. For older guests you may be able to have them craft their own Dinosaur from clay or Papier Mache
- Bobbing for apples. Fill a pail with water and apples. Using their teeth only, guests have to pick out apples from the pail. Some towels on hand to dry themselves afterwards is a good idea. Most apples wins a prize.
- Guess Who. In advance of the party take photos of a number of well known guests dressed as Dinosaurs. Ask people to write down their guesses.
- Have some brave people sit in stocks and have water soaked sponges thrown at them
- Best costume contest
- Pin the tail on the Dinosaur. Simply draw the Dinosaur and have a tail or nose with bluetac. Blindfold the guest, spin them around and see how they get on pinning the tail on.
- Hot Dinosaur Egg (similar to hot potato) All the kids stand in a circle. One kid is handed either a water balloon or a real egg. The music starts and the dinosaur egg is passed to the next kid. No one wants to be left with the dinosaur egg, because then they'll be extinct. Continue playing until there is only one child left.
- Dinosaur Pinata
- Dino Egg on a Spoon You'll need dessert spoons and a dino egg or decorated hard boiled egg. The goal here is to run from a starting point to a finishing line with an egg on a spoon. If the egg is dropped, the you have to start again.
Also hold raffles for good causes.
Use these Dinosaur Footprint Decals for treasure hunts, the entrance to the party and decorations.
Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme - Confetti
Enhance the Dinosaur graduation party theme and use personalized confetti. The most amazing photo confetti maker can produce confetti using up to 10 circus themed photos and up to 3 accent colors. They have packs to suit your occasion.
Take photos of the graduate as a dinosaur, T-Rex, Velociraptor, Diplodocus or explorer, all in keeping with your dinosaur graduation party theme.
Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme - Favors
- Candy bars in dinosaur themed wrappers
- Dinosaur blowouts, stickers
- Dinosaur candles
- Dinosaur key tags
- Lots of streamers, balloons, whistles, Jurassic Park posters
- Magic tricks
- Toy dinosaurs
- Dino themed pens, pencils, stickers and paper, plus dinosaur coloring in books.
- Dino dig craft kits
- Dino models to build at home
- Dino egg puzzles
- Dino footprint decals
- Dinosaur T-shirts.
- Music CDs
Use popcorn bags as the favor bags.
Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme - Music
Play some theme tracks for Jurassic Park and Dinosaurs. Recreate the scary feel with dramatic music.
Dinosaurs Graduation Party Theme - Ideas
More ideas to make the dinosaur graduation party theme just brilliant:
- Make sure everyone has their photo taken through the life sized cut out. A dinosaur or paleontologist is a great keepsake.
- Video the party
- Have a procession for everyone to show off their costumes.
- If you have a two person dinosaur costume, find 2 volunteers.
- Show age appropriate dinosaur educational TV shows. There are new ones based on the latest discoveries coming out.
- Hire a giant toy dinosaur or even better a robotic one complete with operator.
- Save money and have a joint party with other graduates.
This can give excellent cost sharing, lots of people to do the work and help find items at cheaper costs.
- Save money and book venues for the cheaper weeknights, perhaps giving more money to decorate your dinosaur graduation party theme.
Good luck with your dinosaur graduation party theme.
Return from Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme
to the Kindergarten Graduation Themes
Return from Dinosaur Graduation Party Theme
to the Home Page
By Jane Andrew, Copyright © 2009 - 2018 graduation-invitations-graduation-party.com