Construction Party Theme
Home >> Kindergarten Graduation Themes >> Construction Party Theme
Construct an amazing graduation party.
You guests will love being construction workers, truck drivers, surveyors or burger vendors.
A construction party lets everyone play a part, for younger ages it can be a chance to be Bob The Builder.
All graduation party ideas need lots of fun and enthusiasm to make them amazing.
I hope to give you lots of graduation party ideas, including:
- Invitation ideas and wording
- Lots more ideas.
Graduation Construction Party Theme - Invitations
Simple Invites Shapes
Some simple to make invites are:
- Hard Hats - cut out a hard hat shape from yellow cardstock.
- Safety Vests cut out a safety vest shape from yellow cardstock
- Cone - cut out a cone shape from red cardstock
Once you have the shape you wish you can decorate the invite with construction themed stickers. Then simply write the invite details on the back.
Free Printable Graduation Invitations
Feel free to use this free printable invite as you wish.
The Construction Party Invitations page has ideas on
- Simple, fun ideas you can make yourself
- Wording to help you personalize your invites
- How to use the free printable
- Ideas to help you create animal themed projects like save the date cards.
Graduation Construction Party Theme - Costumes
A construction party theme for graduation is a simple graduation party to arrange a costume for. For younger kids Bob The Builder outfits are just perfect.
- Construction Hats
- Flannel shirts
- Tool belt
- Safety vests
- Plastic tools
- Job Badges
- Surveyor, with suit, rubber boots and surveyor equipment
Graduation Construction Party Theme - Decorations
Create your own site for a construction party theme. The possibilities are endless for all age groups.
- Build a truck Standin, have your guests pose at the entrance to the construction party theme and have their construction workers photo taken.
- You may be allowed to put up signs with Graduation Party Construction Site on them in your street.
- Set up a road works in the driveway.
- Draw a blueprint on your driveway.
- City traffic management around construction sites can give decorating ideas. If you can borrow flashing lights and create a large arrow to direct traffic plus add a sign with DANGER CONSTRUCTION SITE you may be able to carry it off.
- Use rolls of construction tape on your fence to mark the party. All round the venue use construction tape to mark off party areas like food, games, dancing, and coat check.
- Erect Warning Signs with Warning Graduation Party Ahead, Party Games At Work, Party At Own Risk, Party Site Safety, Hard Hats Required. Similarly you can use road work signs.
- Use Orange Cones to mark off party areas and the path into the party.
- Bob The Builder
Brighten up the party decorations with Posters and Merchandise from Bob The Builder
Make posters with that famous saying “Can We Build It, Yes We Can
Show a DVD on a screen
- Cover the walls with posters of famous construction sites. They could be of modern buildings and also the excellent black and white posters of various scenes in the construction of the Empire State Building.
- If you can find videos of the construction of the world‘s most famous buildings you could show them at the party.
- Set up posters of all sorts of construction equipment.
- Set up posters of those massive construction vehicles.
- Posters of unusual architecture may make a great feature. Building such as the Gaudi designed ones in Barcelona are wonderful.
- Flashing lights can brilliantly showcase a construction area of the party. Perhaps flashing Xmas lights could be used.
- Have a clocking in area. Great if you can borrow a real clocking in machine with cards. You could arrange for guests to come in through the garage and clock in there.
- Create a safe construction site. Use ladders, tools and sand. Keep this safe from small kids.
- Have a sandpit which is used for a dig.
- Find some blueprints and set them out somewhere safe on a fake drawing board.
- Arrange a fake architects, or surveyors, desk with plans, compass, pencils and geometric tools.
- Hang up pictures and posters of construction sites and safety at work. Quite stunning images are those ones of the Empire State construction with workers standing on top of steel girders high up in the air.
- Make a burger trailer, perhaps even hiring a real one. Put up a Graduate Burgers sign and designate an area that is the burger concession. You might like to serve food from it.
- Arrange a broken steam pipe effect by using a fog machine with the fog blowing through a cone, for example.
- Make a wrecking ball from a deflated basketball. Paint it black and hang it up safely with say a yellow plastic chain. Keep it out of reach of young children. This could form one of the games. You could set up cardboard boxes and see who can swing the ball and knock them all over.
- Create a workers rest area.
- Set up information signs with Toilet, Rest Area, Office and Canteen.
- Your home may have been redeveloped by the family. If there are photos of the before and after picture plus the construction you could display them on a board at the construction party theme
- Create a construction party theme mural. The mural can have a construction scene and you could have caricatures of the graduate on the workers in the scene.
- Have an area of the construction party theme dedicated to each job in construction like architect, scaffold, surveyors, and carpenters, for example.
- Use architects plans to show the layout of the party.
- You may be able to display serious construction magazines with excellent adverts for construction equipment.
- LEGO models would make great construction decorations.
- Set out all the construction toys you can have, and can borrow. If you can get Tonka Trucks that would be excellent.
- Make tools from card and hang them up on the walls and ceiling. Set out safely fake tool belts and work gloves.
- Hang up hard hats and safety vests
- Streamers are great for every party. Yellow streamers can look like warning tape.
- Balloons are another party favorite. Yellow, black and orange balloons can be decorated to be warning signs.
- Create a site office, even just an area of the venue which can be given a site office sign and surrounded by construction tape. The office can have a chair, desk, plans and office equipment.
For the Table there are lots of great options.
- Centerpiece - Bob The Builder figure or big construction toys
- Table Cover - use a white table cover and draw blueprints and add Bob The Builder stickers
- Bob The Builder napkins, plates and cutlery
- Put construction round the table sides.
Decorate Your Guests
This is a brilliant way to add to the graduation construction party.
- Face painting could just be to look a little dusty
- Hard Hats which can have the guests name added in permanent marker.
- Safety vests
- Tools made from card
- A 'shift card' for clocking in
- Give everyone a fake Union card for the party.
- Give everyone a security ID with their photo on it.
- Use a whistle to signal the end and start of games and food serving.
A great graduation party idea is to have a box of guest decorations at the construction party entrance and hand them out liberally!
Graduation Construction Party Theme - Food and Drink
Construction party food and drink can closely follow traditional building site catering offerings. You might want to serve the food from a burger concession stand, even better if you can hire one for the party.
- All kinds of sandwiches. You could use a cookie cutter to have them shaped as trucks.
- Burgers, hot dogs and pizza
- Mashed potato
- Green salad
- Bread roll
- French fries
- Decorate cookies to look like warning signs.
- Jell O served in small clean hard hats
Serve the construction party food in a lunch pail, or brown bag, just like on a construction site. Arrange the lunch packets in advance, sound a hooter and announce lunch break.
Of course it is a party, so to cater for guests of all ages it may be good to have some party food:
- Ice Cream
- Bowls of fruit, including grapes, strawberries and kiwi, for example.
To drink have lots of sodas and water, and of course coffee. You could make a vanilla milkshake and add a little black food coloring. Ask guests if they dare drink the cement.
The Graduation Cakes page gives all the details you need on the recipe, cooking tools and ingredients. Also covering cake pans, cup cakes, cool cake decorating and lots more great cake ideas.
Simple Decorating Idea for Your Graduation Construction Party Theme Cake
1) Decorate the cake with brown frosting for dirt. Using green colored coconut for grass, then add construction toys, a road mapped out with candles and congratulations to the graduate in white frosting.
2) Alternatively frost the cake in yellow. In black write warning construction party ahead in black frosting. Depending on the size of cake you make you can decorate with construction toys, brown M&Ms for boulders, green gumdrops for shrubs and green coconut for grass.
3) Another cake could be shaped as a hard hat. Perhaps you have a Pyrex bowl which can be used to create the rounded hat shape. Bake the cake in it. Frost the cake in yellow and add congratulations to the graduate in black.
Graduation Construction Party Theme - Games
- Sing the Bob The Builder theme tune - gather everyone together to sing as a group led by an adult. Make it fun!
- Construction Relay - split the guests into teams. Set out a short course with cones or chalk. Give the first person a cup, or small pail, of water. They have to run the course and hand the cup to the next person. First team to complete wins but they must also have the most water left in the bucket. Use your judgement to see who wins.
- Wheelbarrow Race - just set out a course with chalk, give each team a wheelbarrow and have them negotiate the course as quickly as they can with foam bricks in the wheelbarrow.
- Build a Wall - Using foam bricks, split guests into teams and see who can build the foam brick wall the quickest. Give each team say 30 foam bricks.
- Clear a Site - set out a messy site areas with cones, card tools, sand, paper, and other items. Give each team a brush and bags for the mess. The first team to clear their site wins.
- Construction Obstacle Course - set out a course with cones, tape, foam bricks, even a chair. Split your guests into teams. One player is blindfolded and has to carefully walk the course under instruction from their team.
- Construction Plan
-In advance of the party hide several items around the venue.
Also, draw up a simple plan of where all the items are hidden
First team to bring back all the items wins.
The items could be small cones, hard hats, safety vests and mobile phones.
- Pin the hard hat on a picture of the graduate or a construction worker. Cut out a hard hat shape from cardstock. Put blu-tack on it, and blindfold the contestant. Turn the person round a couple of times and ask them to pin the hard hat on the picture.
- Split guests into teams and give each team a Lego pack which they must build. Depending on the time you have, the Lego pack can be for a garage, construction equipment or any of the other great Lego models.
- Sandcastles - Set up a sand pit area and have a sandcastles building competition.
- Guess the Building - cover large photos of well known buildings almost completely except for say a distinguishing tower or spiral. Give the guests a photo of each building . Guests must match the photo to the partially covered one. You can use the Empire State building, White House, Pentagon and even the kids homes.
- Adults Building Trivia -one for the adults. Ask adult guests to write down the names of the world's tallest building, the tallest building in USA, the name of the Queen of England's home, the name of the sail shaped building in Dubai and perhaps some other famous buildings locally to you.
- Decorate a Hard Hat - Give everyone a hard hat, glue, paint, colored paper, feathers, black marker pen and ask them to decorate a hard hat.
- Design A House - give guests and lots of colored pencils and pens. Have a design a house competition.
- Give teams egg boxes, cereal boxes, Lego, glue, cotton balls, stickers and poster paints. Have them create their own construction.
- Set out electrical appliance boxes for guests to decorate. Give them safe paints and markers and ask them to decorate the boxes in their own style. Better to have someone responsible for supervising the whole thing to be sure everyone is safe.
- Foreman Says - just like Simon says have someone as the foreman. When the foreman says, the guests must make the move.
- Treasure Hunt - around your construction party theme venue hide various construction items and graduation items. The items could be plastic hammers, safety tape, safety hats, workers belts, lunch boxes and graduation hats. Guests can just hunt for the items or you can give them clue sheets.
- Play Jenga
- Pass The SandDivide the group into 2 teams and line them up. Have the person in each line grab a handful of sand from a container. They must pass the sand to the next player, who passes it to the next, and so on down the line. When the sand reaches the last player, he/she pours what is left of it on a plate. The team with the most sand wins the game. (You may have to weigh the sand on a food scale if it's close.)
A graduation party needs great music to make it come alive.
The graduate's favorite, bearing in mind the audience, will be fine. It is a party so it does need good party music to get things moving. Bob The Builder tunes are great!
Graduation Construction Party Theme - Favors
Have fun choosing construction party favors:
Leave your guests with a great reminder of the construction theme:
- Construction White Chocolate Lollipops
- Construction Hats
- Safety vests
- Lunch box
- Fake tools
- T-shirts with construction themes
- Job Badges
- Pencil and ruler
- Key chain
- Mylar balloons
- Chocolate bar or M%Ms
- If you can, print the party photos taken at the entrance and let everyone have a copy of their standin photo to take home.
- Measuring tape
- Notepad and pen
- Fake blueprint of the party venue
- Work gloves
- Lego pack for younger guests
- Lunch pail.
Fill a hard hat with lots of goodies.
Graduation Construction Party Theme Preparation
The party day does need a good schedule of events.
- Plan the start of the construction party, when each game will roughly occur, when the food will be served and when the party will start and end.
- Know exactly which graduation party games will be played
- Have the construction party music, prizes, helpers and materials ready in advance.
- Each graduation party helper should know exactly what they have to do.
- Have the construction party favors ready in advance, and in running order.
- Know exactly who is helping to clear away after the party.
Graduation Construction Party Theme - Ideas
More ideas to make the graduation construction party just brilliant:
- Make sure everyone has their construction party photo taken, especially if you have a great construction site entrance
- Video the construction party.
- Use real builders to give a brick laying and carpentry demonstration.
- Give everyone a site safety booklet with the party events and site safety in it.
- Using boxes and washing up bottles give guests all the tools they need to make their own mini copy of buildings like the Empire State Building
- Ask experts to give demonstrations of brick laying, carpentry and tiling. An architect can talk over some beautiful buildings and their design and entertain the construction party theme guests.
- Save money and have a joint construction party with other graduates.
This can give excellent cost sharing, lots of people to do the construction party work and help find items at cheaper costs.
- Save money and book construction party venues for the cheaper weeknights, perhaps giving more money to decorate your graduation party theme.
Share Your Graduation Construction Party Theme Ideas
If you would like to share your complete construction party theme with us send us your graduation party story and photos and we will create your own party page and photo gallery hosted on our site. (Family and friends will be able to find inspiration from your graduation construction party theme and comment on your ideas.) If you share your complete construction party theme details you will be automatically entered into our next contest. This year we are having a bumper $100 prize fund. There will be an overall winner and runners up prizes. The winner will be the best overall graduation party story and photos.
For all graduation party ideas supplies, favors and prizes see the World's Largest Party Superstore. which has great construction party theme supplies.
Good luck with your graduation construction party theme. A construction party theme is one of the better graduation party ideas.
Return from Graduation Construction Party Theme
to Kindergarten Graduation Themes
Return from Graduation Construction Party Theme
to Home Page