Graduation Animal Theme Party
Home >> Kindergarten Graduation Themes >> Graduation Animal Theme Party
I hope to give you all you need to host an amazing animal party.
All the fun down on the farm with cows, pigs, farmers, tractors, horses and your own Barnyard. Your kids will just love this excellent graduation party theme.
Kids will love the farm animals, music, cartoon characters and of course the games.
The party ideas include:
- Free invitations, invitation ideas and wording
- Decorating ideas
- Graduation party ideas preparation and lots more
An animal theme party can be a simple graduation party and fun to do. Lots of fun and enthusiasm can make it amazing.
The venue could be simply at home, you could turn your home into a barnyard scene. Perhaps you have a local farm which specializes in kids entertainment.
Graduation Animal Theme Party - Invitations
The Animal Party Invitations page has ideas on
- Simple, fun ideas you can make yourself
- Wording to help you personalize your invites
- How to use the free printable
- Ideas to help you create animal themed projects like save the date cards.
Simple Animal Party Invites
- Homemade - cut out animal shapes from cardstock and put animal decorations on one side of the card. Then simply write the invite details on the back. Example wording:
- Daisy cow (or Bertie bull) invites you to their farmyard (venue) for a graduation party
Dress up as a farm animal and join in the farmyard fun.
RSVP to (details)
- Photo - photo the graduate in their animal costume. Print it onto card and write the invite details on the back.
Free Printable Graduation Invitations
Feel free to use this invite as you wish. The Making Graduation Invitations page has the instructions you need to copy, re-size, personalize and print it.
Graduation Animal Party - Decorations
Create a thrilling entrance to excite your guests.
- Create a Barn. If you have a garage you can use that for the barn. Fix very large sheets of paper to the outside to decorate. Create barn doors from cardboard and paint them red. Decorate with white tape and write Old Mcdonalds Barn on it (this can also be done for an area of the backyard, hanging the doors from posts).
- Decorate with bales of straw, buckets, wheelbarrows and old fashioned lanterns
- Driveway - decorate your car as a farm truck with a farm name on the side and a bale of straw on it.
- Cut out large animal shapes from construction paper and decorate them. They can be displayed at the front of your home.
- Create a photograph area. A Barn door with a sign like Old McDonald's Graduation Party, for example.
- Signpost - saying Old Mcdonalds Farm, for example.
- Make a Barnyard area. Perhaps in the backyard set out poles and use brown twine for fencing. Put in bales of straw, and make wagon wheels from cardboard.
- Create a corral for any kind of animal. For a horse corral add straw bales, riding saddles, reins, horseshoes, and riding hats. If you have a rocking horse that would be a great extra.
- Seating can be bales of straw, as well as normal chairs.
- Use lots of pictures of farmyard animals, and farms. Before the graduation party perhaps the kindergarten can paint their own animal pictures.
- Decorate with farmer clothes, bandannas, denim overalls, work boots, and checked shirts.
- Set out drawings of animal foot prints around the venue.
- Hang up signs with Corral, Barnyard, Pig Pen, Duck Pond, Old McDonalds Farm
- Find free to use publicity material for a TV show on animals. The BBC, for example, have some natural world shows.
- Make a scarecrow from old clothes and straw
- Set out buckets and baskets of eggs.
- A picket fence is a great addition
- Decorate the walls with a gossamer. You could draw a barnyard and animals on the gossamer, for example.
- Create an animal mural with a barnyard, grass, fencing, animals, people, straw bales and pails. The kids can color in a piece of it, they can draw on it and they can write their names too.
- Make large animal shapes from card and color them in to look like real animals. Stand them up around the party venue.
- Balloons can be made into many decorations. They can be colored pink, add a nose and a curled ribbon tail for a pig. They can have a horse, sheep or sheepdog drawn on them. You could put cow prints on some too.
- Decorate with cowboy hats, boots, scarves and checked shirts.
- Use lots of farm animal toys
- Display blow up animals suspended from the ceiling
- Hang streamers everywhere, including the entrance, with lots of colors.
- Lay out toy farm equipment such as tractors, combine harvesters, and pickup trucks
- Bunting in the shape of farm animals.
- Centerpiece - Use toy animals as the centerpiece and also have a photo of the graduate.
- Use a red checked tablecloth and checked napkins.
- Or, a white table cover which you can draw animals and animal footprints on.
- Animal themed napkins and cutlery would be perfect.
Decorate Your Guests
- Face paints, painting pig, cow, sheep and horse faces on your guests cheeks.
- Fake animal tattoos
- Animal ears and noses
- Animal face masks
- Farmers baseball cap
One of the great graduation party ideas is to have a box of guest decorations at the animal party entrance and hand them out liberally!
Graduation Animal Party - Costumes
The graduation animal theme party lets the kids dress up as farmers or farm animals.
For a farmer, use overalls, bandannas, caps, jeans, checked flannel shirts, straw hats, boots and work gloves. This should be free to do!
For animals you could choose to be a horse, pig, cow, or sheep.
For a pig you can make a pigs nose from part of an egg box, paint it pink and attach ribbon. Perhaps wear a pink t-shirt and some face paint. Of course you may be able to get pigs noses at a local store.
For a cow, face paints, cows ears and a t-shirt which you can decorate with a cow print.Or this great cow mask.
A horse can simply be a horse mask with a brown t-shirt. A sheep could be sheep's ears with face paint and a white t-shirt.
You could easily put together a vets uniform which could be quite like a doctor. Our daughter had a white lab coat with vet written on it, a kids doctor's bag with stethoscope, and rubber boots.
Graduation Animal Theme Party - Food and Drink
Animal theme party food and drink can closely follow traditional farm food, which you are sure the kids will eat. The graduation party ideas may even be at a farm!
- All kinds of sandwiches, cut in animal shape.
- BBQ, with burgers, chicken and sausages. Particularly brilliant for an outdoor graduation party.
- Hot dogs
- French fries and baked potatoes
- Animal shaped pizza slices, the kids can create their own pizza decoration at the party.
- Corn bread
- Baked beans
- Green salad
- Boxes of raisins
- Bowls of fruit
- Carrots and dips
- Ice cream
- Animal crackers
To drink have lots of milk, sodas and water.
Graduation Animal Theme Party Cake
The Graduation Cake page gives all the details you need on the recipe, cooking tools and ingredients. The cake pages have lots of cake decorating ideas, themed decorations, cup cake ideas, cap cakes, how to use fondant and how to use photos plus lots, lots more.
Simple Decorating Idea for Your Graduation Animal Theme Party Cake
1) Decorate the cake with white frosting. Using the right color of frosting create a pig, horse, cow or sheep. Then using colored frosting of your choice add the graduates name and congratulations.
2) Alternatively once the cake is frosted with green frosting, add toy animals and congratulations to the graduate. yellow colored coconut could be used as straw.
3) Use a horseshoe shaped cake pan to make a horseshoe cake.
Graduation Animal Theme Party - Games
- To break the ice, ask an enthusiastic adult to play a game of animal impersonations with the kids. The adult calls out which animal and everyone gives their best impression of it. Try an elephant, lion, pig, cow and sheep.
- Balloon round up. Each guest has to kick, or bat them with a rolled up magazine, 4 balloons simultaneously along a short course. Decorate the balloons as pigs or horses or cows, for example.
- Animal noises contest. Who can make the best pig, sheep, cow, horse and goat noises.
- Pin the tail on the donkey, first arrange a picture of a donkey, a donkey tail and a blindfold. Spin the blindfold guests around and have them pin the tail on the donkey.
- Sing Old McDonalds Farm
- Farm Animal Charades. Put the names of animals in a hat. Split the kids into teams. The guests have to act out the animal and their team must guess which animal it is.
- Treasure Hunt, hide toy animals around the graduation party venue. The guests have to find one of each animal to win. You could give them a start by adding animal footprints.
- Youngsters can play “What is the Time Mr Wolf“.
- Play the game where you keep reading out more clues on the identity of an animal. The first team to guess the animal is the winner. For example, “I live in the jungle. I have 4 legs. I eat plants only. I have thick skin. I have a horn.
- Horseshoe PitchPut a stake in the ground and have the contestants stand say 6 to 12 feet away depending on their age. Give each player some horseshoe to throw at the stake, the nearest wins. You can use balls if need be.
- Set up a coloring in table with farm animal coloring in books. Have prizes for the best coloring in.
- Set up a Lego table for quieter play.
- Make animal face masks. Cut out the shape and give the kids all they need to draw and color the mask.
- Face painting area can be set up where the kids can get their choice of farm animal.
- Decorate an animal t-shirt. Provide a t-shirt and t-shirt pens and ask each guest to make their own animal design. Prize for best design.
- Cow Pinata
- Guess the footprint, put various animal footprints in sand around the venue. Guests have to guess the animal that the footprint belongs to. You can give them a sheet to complete.
- Observation test - discretely display 6 to 10 particular toy animals, around the venue. Near the end ask guests to complete a sheet on what they observed. Ask for the people in the pictures and location of the pictures. Have prizes for those getting all answers correct.
- Guess the animal, cover large photos of well known farm animals almost completely except for say a distinguishing feature. Guests must guess who the animals are, and again give prizes for getting them all right.
- Story time, ask a great story teller to read part of one of the kids‘ favorite animal themed books or relate their own excellent story.
Graduation Animal Theme Party - Favors
Fill a cowboy hat or bandanna with lots of animal party favors to delight the little guests.
Leave your guests with a great reminder of the farmyard party:
- T-shirts with a farm animal design and the graduate's name (or the guests name)
- Animal water bottles.
- Animal coloring in books
- Animal toys
- Animal posters and photographs
- Fake animal tattoos
- Fun stuff like glow bracelets and glow necklaces
- Cowboy hats
- Candy with animal pictures on the wrapper
- Farm toys such as tractors
Graduation Animal Theme Party - Ideas
More ideas to make the graduation animal party just brilliant:
- Make sure everyone has their photo animal theme party taken, especially if you have a great barnyard entrance
- Video the animal party
- Ask a farmer to bring in some farm animals to the animal theme party and teach the kids all about them. This will bring some realism to the animal party.
- Save money and have a joint party with other graduates.
This can give excellent cost sharing, lots of people to do the work and help find items at cheaper costs. One of the better graduation party ideas.
- Save money and book party venues for the cheaper weeknights, perhaps giving more money to decorate your graduation party.
- Hire a buckaroo, a great addition to an animal theme party.
- Hire a bouncy castle
- Show kids DVDs like "Barnyard", the original party animals film.
- Play the Barnyard Wii game to compliment the animal theme party.
- Display wildlife and farming magazines.
- Have a TV monitor showing natural history shows.
- Play the best bit on video of those daredevil naturalists like Austin Stevens. They handle deadly snakes, get near hippos, bears, polar bears and crocodiles. They also help everyone learn about the animals in a very entertaining way at the animal theme party.
- Make animal shaped cakes and cookies to eat at the party and to be part of the party favors.
Share Your Graduation Animal Theme Party
If you would like to share your complete animal theme party with us send us your graduation party story and photos and we will create your own animal party page and photo gallery hosted on our site. (Family and friends will be able to find inspiration from your graduation party and comment on your ideas.) If you share your complete animal theme party details you will be automatically entered into our next contest. This year we are having a bumper $100 prize fund. There will be an overall winner and runners up prizes. The winner will be the best overall graduation party story and photos.
Good luck with your graduation animal theme party. An animal theme party for graduation will be lots of fun.
Return from Graduation Animal Theme Party
to Kindergarten Graduation Themes
Return from Graduation Animal Theme Party
to Home Page
By Jane Andrew, Copyright © 2009 - 2018 graduation-invitations-graduation-party.com