Pirate Theme Party
>> Kindergarten Graduation Themes
>> Pirate Theme Party
AHOY shipmates. Chart yer course for the pirate graduation party!
A brilliant idea is to make a large treasure map. Cut the map into pieces and send a piece with each invitation. (Have a copy of the map in case some kids cannot attend). Start the party by putting together the map and setting off on the treasure hunt.
I have tried to give you lots of pirate graduation party ideas on pirate invitations, vitals (food), grog (drink), pirate decorations, pirate costumes, pirate games and treasure (favors) which will be great for any pirate party venue. You may have a Home Party or alternative venue in mind for the pirate graduation party.
With lots of fun, energy and enthusiasm your graduation pirate party theme can be a brilliant success.
Splice the mainsail and set sail!
Save time and energy, sail through the pirate graduation party with The whole Kit N Kaboodle from the World's Largest Party Superstore.
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - Free Printables
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - Invitations
Simple Homemade Graduation Invitations
Cut out a treasure map shape and decorate it with steps, trees, rocks, beaches and the treasure spot (X marks the spot!)
These can be a map to get to the party (the venue shown in the tropical sea as an island) or a map of the venue made out like a treasure island.
Ye be a special graduate. Ye be getting a Map to the treasure and an invite to the pirate theme party.
Use the map to seek out Treasure Island (the venue) and X(red) marks the treasure.
Chart yer course and be at the pier at (time, date).
Pirates only, land lubbers will be made to walk the plank!
Or, you could get some bottles to add a message to.
Message In A Bottle
(Tie a ribbon round the invite and place it in an empty water bottle. Add in some sand and shells. Probably best where you are hand delivering the invites.)
Shiver me timbers!
Cap'n graduate (name) has graduated!
Ye be invited to a graduation party at the ship (venue).
Free Printable Graduation Invitations
The pirate Graduation Invitations and Announcements
page has a great range of ideas to help you:
- Make Homemade Pirate Themed Invitations
- Wording you can use
- Choosing the right paper
- Make other pirate themed projects like save the date cards.
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - Decorations
You can recreate a complete pirate paradise. A good amount of decorations can make your pirate graduation party ideas come to life. It is a fun party!
The entrance to your party can set up as a Pirate Ship or Treasure Island. Or you can just have fun and combine it all.
- Create an entrance with a life sized pirate standee
, pirate ship, pirate balloons (skulls), Pirate's Treasure Chest, skeletons, anchor and a ships wheel.
- Large Signs - make signs from construction paper saying “Welcome to Treasure Island“ or “Welcome aboard the Graduate Pirate Ship“.
- Driveway - make small signs with “Pirate Party This Way“ and also a map of Treasure Island.
- Doorway - A banner announcing the Pirate Party above the door plus lighting (Xmas tree lights) and balloons.
- Music - play Pirates Of The Caribbean theme tunes.
- Helpers - dressed as pirates.
- Banners to announce the graduation and the graduation pirate theme party. Including Treasure maps, anchors, swords and pistols on the banners which you can buy or make from a large bed sheet.
- Make a ship from a refrigeration box. Decorate with a skull and cross bones flag, anchor, ships wheel and lots of pirate accessories. For kindergarten kids you could make a ship from those safe foam filled building blocks you find in kids activity centers. The blocks can be built up from a larger ships base up to a poopdeck with a pirate flag.
- Make a treasure chest from a cardboard box. Paint it and fill it with treasure. Use gold coins, beads, pirate goblets, spray paint some rocks gold, lots of fake jewelry.
- Pictures of pirates, pirate ship, a sunken ship, treasure chest, skull and cross bones, Capn Jack, pirate ship, anchor, and a parrot
- Murals can be a great way of decorating a large wall and enhancing the party. You could choose a pirate ship design, a treasure island or a group of pirates boarding a merchant vessel. If you can you may be able to use the faces of the main guests and the graduate as pirates. Of course a simple mural with a treasure map, fine details like an island with beach, trees, a path to the treasure, some landmarks and of course the treasure, can work.
- Hang a fish net up. Put plastic fish, shells, seahorses, oysters and starfish in it
- Obtain enough brown paper from a large packaging roll to cover the floor. This is the fake sand part and then decorate this with shells and plastic fish to complete the pirate theme party look. Also add in a fake palm tree.
- Gossamer, colored to give a great canvass for the featured decorations, making a high seas scene. A sea blue one is perfect
- Again, in advance have the kids draw their own pirate, pirate ship, ships wheel, or anchor and color it in. The graduation pirate party will have a gallery where the kids can be very proud of their work. The pictures can be used to also leave messages for the graduates
- Movies - Use posters, and stills, for movies such as Pirates Of The Caribbean
- Have lots of fake skulls and cross bones. The fake skulls could also be candle holders with lit candles if they are certified as fire safe.
- Have a giant treasure map hanging from the wall with all the clues and steps to take to find the treasure. If you have a game with a treasure map planned this could be a copy of that treasure map.
- If the party is being held at the beach then you can create a wonderful pirate cove. Hopefully you can find washed up logs to use and then you can add palm trees, a treasure chest, lighting, bunting and pirate flags. If you are having the party at the beach you can of course mark off your own treasure island safely for younger children. You can have great fun setting up the treasure map and details on the ground.
Decorate Your Guests
- Pirate Balloons styled as parrots, skulls, pirates and also colored to add to the background, attaching pirate balloons in bunches to light posts, the fence and any trees you have.
- Streamers, black and gold for pirate effect. Hang them all over, for light fittings, walls, chairs, doors and fences.
- Inflatable parrots, skeleton light set, pop out eyes and tongue skeleton, skull and bones flag, hanging pirates, captains wheel, spyglass, shells and anchor.
- Hanging decorations of parrot, lighted skeleton, anchor, ships wheel, pirate and skull and cross bones flag
- Have the kids decorate pirates and parrots to hang as decorations
- Bunting in the colors of the party or even designed like pirate flags with a skull and cross bones.
- Before the pirate party ask guests to create their own pirate flag which they can draw onto a sheet. Display them at the party.
- Have face painting with blood and scars, make the pirates pretty scary!
- Facial hair and wigs
- Funtoos pirate style
- Have bandannas, mustaches, pirate hats, swords, parrots and coins ready to handout
- A sticker with a "pirate name" like Long John Silver
A great idea is to have a box of guest decorations at the party entrance and hand them out liberally!
- Centerpiece - could be a pirate flag, ships wheel or treasure chest.
- Use blue table cloths and some fish net. Draw some anchors, skull and cross bones, and pirate ships.
- The napkins could be pirate bandannas.
- Pirate themed plates and cutlery would round it off.
I think the best solution is just to use as many pirate decorations as you can and see if you get enough of an effect to really delight the kids.
Of course, if you have outside space available, a warm day and safe equipment you can always fill a a kiddie pool with water.
Depending on the time you have, you can make most of the decorations yourself. If time is short, to get the best pirate theme party you can get an awesome selection of decorations at the World's Largest Party Superstore.
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - Confetti
One of the great graduation party ideas is to have personalized confetti. The most amazing photo confetti maker
can produce confetti using up to 10 pirate photos and up to 3 accent colors. You can choose blue for the sea , green for seaweed and black for pirates. They have packs to suit your occasion.
The pirate party photos could be of 10 of the little graduates.
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - Costumes
Fantastic to make your own pirate costumes. Even with just a small amount of accessories you can have brilliant pirate theme party costumes for the kids. There are lots of pirate theme party costume ideas.
- White T Shirts or Shirts, and using t-shirt pens decorate with skull and cross bones, anchors, ships wheel, parrots, and swords
- Pirate hats, which you could make yourself from construction paper
- Red sash made from any red material you have, you can include another color, say white
- Black Trousers
- Eye patch
- Mustache, beards, scars, painted on with face paints
- Large buckled belt
- Gold earrings and fake jewelry
- Fake Tattoos
- Beads and jewels
- Hook and plastic swords, which must all be safe for small kids
If you want to save time see amazing collections of Pirate Party Apparel
and Pirate Costumes.
Everyone wearing pirate theme party costume is best.
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - Food and Drink
I always try and remember to balance providing a great selection of food with the fact that kids only eat so much and tend to go for what they like. A balance of presentation to ensure they eat healthy food and also to let them feel they did have a treat!
- Goldfish crackers
- Hot Dogs
- Sandwiches shaped as fish using a cookie cutter. You could just buy submarine sandwiches.
- Finger rolls decorated with cucumber to make the fins and tail with raisins for eyes
- Green pasta to look like seaweed
- Pasta shells
- Chicken Nuggets to be golden treasure
- Fish sticks with french fries
- Sunken treasure which is just cheese nuggets
- Chicken legs
- Carrot Sticks
- Bread Sticks
- Fruit, such as grapes, pineapple and banana
- Dole Pineapple Fish
- Chocolates dressed as gold coins
- Gummy fish, sharks, and worms
, blueberry, strawberry and raspberry drinks give the right color.
Lots of water to keep the kids going is best.
You could prepare vanilla milk shakes and add a safe amount of food coloring.
Ginger beer could be used as the 'grog'.
Graduation Cake for Pirate Theme Party
The Graduation Cake page gives you all the cooking tools, ingredients, recipe, cooking and frosting instructions you need to create an amazing graduation cake.
Once you bake the cake it can be frosted, decorated and cut to the shape you want.
Simple Decorating Idea for Your Pirate Theme Party Cake
1)Cover with chocolate frosting – should probably be black but dark chocolate will look much more appetizing.
2)Using grease proof paper, cut out a template for a skull and cross bone.
3) Next lay the paper on top of the cake and use a piping bag with a biggish nozzle to pipe little blobs of white frosting to cover the template.
I also like the idea of a treasure map with sand colored, green grass colored and a red X. Create a map with black icing as the steps.
You could be adventurous and try a pirate, pirate ship, parrot, ships wheel or treasure chest.
Other symbols that are worth using are a pirate bandanna, sword, hook, earrings, gold coins.
Cut into the shape you wish.
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - Games
- Teach the kids to speak like a pirate. Make it fun to say:
- Avast Me Hearties
- Cap'n Jack
- Splice The Mainsail
- Parrot or Pirate Pinata
- To emulate diving you can have bobbing for apples. Fill a pail with water and apples. Guests must retrieve apples using only their teeth.
- Three legged race, emulating a peg leg
- To emulate swabbing the poop deck, you can arrange a course of say 8 to 10 feet. Give each player a broom and a large balloon. The players are to sweep the balloon along the course. You could have this as a team game.
- Carry The Treasure - give the kids a spoon and a brightly decorated egg resembling some treasure. The kids must walk (or run) from one end of the course to the other with the egg on the spoon
- If you can build a safe walk the plank over a kiddie pool then you can have the lubbers (parents) walk the plank with the kids throwing wet sponges at them. Even just putting a thick plank in your backyard can let you play this game. All ages can then walk the plank, walk it blindfold or even go backwards. The idea is to get to end of the plank. Also with kids the right age you can have your guests walk the plank.
- Treasure Hunt, arrange a good treasure hunt with lots of goodies hidden around the venue. Supply maps and clues to each location with perhaps a grand prize at the end
- To emulate fishing you can have Magnetic Fishing, simply draw colorful fish of all kinds on cardboard then cut them out. Attach a paper clip, setting up a fishing rod with a magnet on the end. You can stage the game in many ways with the simplest being just to put the fish on a blue sheet and have the kids sit on chairs to make it slightly harder
- Pin the parrot on the pirate, arrange a large pirate picture and cut out a parrot to use.
- Scavenger Hunt - scatter pirate themed items around the venue like parrot toys, eye patches and fake treasure. Give each child their scavenger hunt list and set them off to find the items.
- Pass the Treasure, split the kids into teams of say 6 to 8. They line up behind each other. The first child passes an inflatable item over their head and runs to the back of the queue. The winning team passes the inflatable say 3 times down the line. Lots of loud music makes this even more fun.
- Bury treasure (coins, beads, anchors) in a sandpit and let the kids find it
- Put some parents into stocks and have the kids throw wet sponges at them
- Play pirate language game. Say the pirate phrase and have guests write down what they think you are saying.
- Treasure chest game. Ask guests to take on a series of challenges which they must pass to receive one of the clues they need. The challenges could be say 4 star jumps, a relay race or 2 press ups. When they have all the clues they can work out where the key to the treasure chest is. They must hurry and be first to open their treasure chest.
- Arrange a table with empty plastic drink bottles (with the lid opened wide enough to place the shells), sand, shells, small plastic fish and paper. Have the kids decorate, and create, a message in a bottle
- Similarly you could be brave and create an ocean in a bottle
- Paint a shell, with the kids decorating a blank shell
- Using blank treasure chests
, let the kids decorate them by coloring in, adding stickers, and fill them with lots of favors
- Let the kids make their own pirate flag either on cotton or paper. Simply supply the pens
- Set up murals with a treasure map, pirate, treasure chest, pirate ship or any other pirate emblem. The kids can color it in
- Make telescopes, using cardboard kitchen towel tubes. The kids can decorate with stickers, glitter and paint. An adult can add the cellophane end.
- Let the kids laugh by making up their favorite teacher as a pirate at the graduation pirate theme party. Some of the face painting will be wonderful.
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - Favors
Fill little treasure chests with gold chocolate coins, M&Ms, starfish, gummy sharks, plastic parrots, stickers, fake tattoos, earrings, pirate hats, skull key rings, bandannas, buttons, stickers, pirate goblets, skeleton pens, skull pencils and let the little buccaneers remember the pirate theme party.
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - Music
Just find lots of soundtrack music and play it at your pirate theme party!
Try Pirates of the Caribbean and Hook.
Graduation Pirate Theme Party - More
Lots more pirate party ideas:
- Take a photograph of everyone posing beside a pirate or a pirate ship. A good pirate theme backdrop will make the photos excellent. Send the photo to the guests.
- Hire a balloon artist to make cutlasses, parrots and much more, they are a great addition to any party. Even better if they complete magic tricks too.
- Perhaps your area has a real pirate or smuggler history. You can use all the information you can find and incorporate that into the decorations.
- There will be lots of gifts for the graduate. Thank You notes written by the graduate are the best!
- Write out rough timings for the party, including expected games times and when you want to serve the food
- The kids need some free time just to play, arrange activity areas where they can choose what to do, or just run around
- Stick to games the kids know, it can be too much to teach a new game
- Try to avoid games where some kids are out. An increasing number of bored kids will not help the pirate theme party. Of course have a quiet area for them to complete coloring in and pirate theme jigsaw puzzles.
- Protect your furniture
- Talk to your neighbors in advance of the pirate party.
- Save money and have a joint party with other graduates.
This can give excellent cost sharing, lots of people to do the work and help find items at cheaper costs.
- Save money and book pirate theme party venues for the cheaper weeknights, perhaps giving more money for the pirate theme party.
- Think about the pirate party venue and the likely weather. A tent, kindergarten, YMCA, local park or school gym can be great alternatives.
Share Your Graduation Pirate Theme Party
If you would like to share your complete pirate theme party with us send us your graduation party story and photos
and we will create your own party page and photo gallery hosted on our site. (Family and friends will be able to find inspiration from your graduation party and comment on your ideas.) If you share your complete pirate theme party details you will be automatically entered into our next contest. This year we are having a bumper $100 prize fund. There will be an overall winner and runners up prizes. The winner will be the best overall graduation party story and photos.
For pirate theme party favors, prizes and great party supplies see the World's Largest Party Superstore.
The graduates deserve the best graduation pirate theme party ideas. Graduation pirate party is a fantastic theme full of fun and real swashbuckling adventure.
Return from Graduation Pirate Theme Party
to Kindergarten Graduation Themes
Return from Graduation Pirate Theme Party
to Home Page
By Jane Andrew, Copyright © 2008 - 2017 graduation-invitations-graduation-party.com