Graduation Clip Art
>> Graduation Clip Art
I hope to give you an extensive range of clipart.
I have a full range of clip art and also great project ideas such as making invites and customizing envelopes.
There is also a full set of instructions to help you make them.
I love these great clip art examples:
Click here for the full range of clip art. The page also has excellent techniques like rotating, re-sizing, text wrapping,
applying a washout to it etc. The clip art includes
Now for the amazing things you can create with graduation clip art, plus some great black and white clip art that you can also color in:
- Animated Clip Art
- Fun and Colorful
Party Printables using Clip Art
Co-ordinate all your party stationary. You could choose your favorite graduation
clip art and use it to create any of the following. These projects all use graduation
clip art from the various links above. Scroll down to find instructions for
each of the projects listed below.
- Announcements using Clip Art
- Graduation party invitations
- Save the date fridge magnets
- Envelopes and envelope seals
- Thank you notes
- Graduation party favor tags
- Place cards for a sit down meal
- Party hats
- Game certificate awards
- Make a t-shirt with the clip art.
First of all The Basics
How to copy the graduation clip art from these screens to your word processing
How to set your clip art to the right size:
- click on the picture and re-size it by placing your mouse over the little
squares at the corners until arrows appear and then left click and drag your
mouse until the picture is the desired size.
Color The In Black and White Clip Art with Gelly Roll Pens
I love this idea. Imagine creating your graduation announcements as follows:
- Open up your word processing tool.
- Copy and paste one of these black and white graduation clip art images to
the top corner (or anywhere else for that matter).
- Add a lovely invitation verse to the middle of the card.
- Print onto some lovely white quality flat card.
- Color in the clip art with some fantastic color Gelly Roll pens. I have ones
that give a glitter effect and it looks amazing.
- You are done - what a fantastic, yet simple way of making your own graduation
invitations or graduation cards.
Here is some graduation clip art that would be ideal for this project.
Graduation Party Invitations
This invitation above was so simple to make you won't believe it. Just follow these steps:
- Copy and Past the clip art image that you would like to use into
your word document (see directions for this above). Before you paste make
sure your cursor is in the location where you want the clip art placed
- Click on the image and arrows will appear on the corners. Use these arrows
to stretch the image to the desired size
- Then I simply added wordart at the top of the page for a fancy title and
added the party details in plain text underneath the graduation clip art.
I have made lots more examples like this. Visit free
printable graduation invitations for a look.
Save the Date Fridge Magnets using Clip Art
How about this idea. They don’t just need to be “save the date”
fridge magnets, you could also make your announcements or party invitations
into fridge magnets.
All you need to do it choose some lovely graduation clip art, add some text
and maybe a nice border, print it off on some good quality card and stick a
magnetic strip on the back. This way nobody will misplace your save the date/invitation/announcement
cards and they will be able to admire your novel idea every time they visit
How to Decorate Envelopes using Clip Art
You could make your envelopes stand out by adding some clip art
to them. Add it to the top left hand corner so that there is plenty of room for
the stamp on the other side. Alternatively you could add one of the vertical
graduation clip art borders down the left hand side (top to bottom) of the envelope.
Another way of decorating the envelope is to seal it with a graduation themed
stickers. You can buy ready made envelope seals or you could make your own using
some clip art (or a photo) and choosing a suitable Word template.
Perhaps a simpler way yet is to create your own address labels (I think they
look best when the color of the label matches the envelope). You can always
add a small free graduation clip art image to the corner of each label.
Thank You Notes using Graduation Clip Art
This is so simple. Just choose any of the clip art at all and copy
and paste it into your word document. At the top and in the middle of the page
is ideal and that's it. You could personalize it with some wording underneath
saying "With Thanks From Alice" if you like.
Party Favor Tags using Graduation Clip Art
Yet another amazingly simple idea:
- Just choose your favorite graduation clip art and copy and paste it into
your word document
- Click on the image and arrows will appear on the corners. Use these arrows
to reduce the size of the image
- Add some text to the side like "Thank You for coming to share my day.
xxx" - using word art to make the text as fancy as you like
- Copy and paste the clip-art and wording to fill your screen (you can fit
loads on one page)
- Print them off and cut them out
- Punch a hole in the corner and tie some curling ribbon through it and obviously
use the ribbon to attach the tag to your favor.
Place Cards using Graduation Clip Art
If you are having a sit down meal then you can easily make your own personalized
place cards with graduation clip art.
The instructions are a bit like the favor tags. Just add some clip art and the persons name. Print them off and cut them out. When cutting them out I'd recommend using a craft knife, Acrylic ruler with metal edge and a cutting mat - this will give a far superior finish. To make the fold
use a ruler and a blunt knife to make a score prior to folding. Alternatively
you could purchase some blank place cards from a local store looking for great quality
and already pre-folded.
Party Hats using Graduation Clip Art
These are great for kindergarten graduation parties. Try the following idea:
- Copy some graduation clip art onto some A4 paper and print them out
- Cut a semi-circle out of each piece of paper
- Roll it up and staple it in place
- Use a needle and some elasticated thread to make a chin strap.
You could use some black and white graduation clip art and ask the children
to color them in before you staple them.
Game Certificate Awards using Graduation Clip Art
Another great idea for kindergarten graduation parties. It could read something
This Certificate is awarded to
(add clip-art image here)
Date_________ Signed _____________
Make a T-shirt using Graduation Clip Art
Do you like the idea of making kindergarten graduation T-shirts. If so, then
it could not be easier and you’ll be so proud of the end result.
You just need some cheap T-shirts, and some Photo Effects Ink Jet Transfer Paper, an iron
and a cotton pillow case. The clip art you’ll find via the
above links will look fantastic on white t-shirts or you could use a photo instead
if you prefer. You can even personalize it with the child’s name and say
something like “Ellie‘s Kindergarten Graduation“ on the back
and the picture/clip-art on the front.
Alternatively you could try placing a smaller version of your design on a sleeve
just like a logo or you could use a shirt with a collar and place your design
If you fancy giving it a try then here are the instructions:
- Choose clip art that you like and paste it into Microsoft Word
(this is what I used anyway but your own word processing package should have
- If you want to add text right next to the clip art then you will
have to group them together. To do this you have to do the following simple
- go to the Picture toolbar
- select square as your text wrapping option for both the text and clip art.
- You can now group the text and clip art together by selecting each element
while also holding down the SHIFT key.
- Then right-click the image and click the Grouping option. The image
and text should now move as a single piece.
- Select the image, and then on the Drawing toolbar, point to Draw and
then click Rotate or Flip.
- Finally, click Flip horizontal. This creates a mirror image of the clip art that will appear correctly when ironed onto a T-shirt.
- Print the document, and set it aside to dry.
- Follow the printing instructions on the transfer paper package.
- Note You might want to print a test version on draft quality to make sure
the image has been flipped correctly.
- Using scissors, carefully trim the transfer paper, leaving a ¼-inch
margin around the printed image. Because the blank areas will transfer, it
is important to trim the excess.
- Preheat the iron to the hottest setting.
- Prepare your ironing surface by placing a cotton pillowcase over the surface
and ironing out any wrinkles. Lay your T-shirt over the center of the pillowcase,
and iron it until completely smooth. Your T-shirt must be wrinkle-free and
completely dry. Position the transfer paper with your design face-down on
the T-shirt, in the exact location where you want your design to be.
- Place the iron over the transfer paper and then press, making sure to apply
at least 50 pounds of pressure. Using both hands with elbows locked, start
at the corners and move the iron in small circles around the perimeter of
the transfer paper, and then start moving toward the center. Make sure your
iron overlaps the edges and corner so that all areas of the paper get transferred,
and keep the iron moving.
- Refer to the transfer paper packaging for recommended ironing times.
- Set the T-shirt aside, and let it cool.
- Tear one corner of the transfer paper away from the fabric. Continue to
peel using one hand to hold the fabric, while the other hand lifts the paper.
If the paper begins to tear, start peeling from another corner.
- After the transfer paper has been removed, your customized T-shirt is ready
to wear. When you wash it, turn it inside out and wash it in cold water. Place
in the dryer immediately after washing to prevent the colors from bleeding.
Graduation Clip Art Paper
Choosing the right paper is one of the important decisions to be made.
You can easily buy printer paper at your local store. However there are so many options with colored paper, heavier paper, blank invitation paper, cardstock, scrapbook, text, cover, and so many other kinds of paper.
I like to use cardstock or blank invitation paper as it fits my printer and gives a quality feel.
How to Make Gift Tags with Graduation Clip Art
Clip art is perfect for making your own personalized gift tags.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Just copy the graduation clip art of choice
into Word or whichever word processing tool you are using.
- You could
add a message to the bottom to personalize it.
- Print it out and then
decorate it using glue and glitter.
- Then punch a hole in the top corner
with a hole punch and thread some ribbon through it.
Wrapping - I buy white
tissue paper in bulk and just use this for wrapping all sorts of presents from
birthdays to graduations to thank you's etc. The beauty of it is that it suits
any occasion. I need to use a few sheets at a time because it is quite thin but
it is still an extremely cost effective way of doing it when compared to buying
conventional gift wrap. It's also easier to store and I never run out. To personalize
it I just add blue curling ribbon if it's for a boy and pink if it's a girl and
my daughter loves to put stickers on it if it's for a child.
Making this gift
tag is another great money saving, unique, personalized idea with that special
homemade touch added - I always cherish and keep things that I receive that are
homemade as opposed to just displaying bought cards for a while and then discarding them.
How to Make Bookmarks with Graduation Clip Art
is so easy to make graduation bookmarks, just follow these steps:
a graduation clip art image or images that you like. Print and cut them out, then
paste them onto a strip of card.
- In addition to the image you could also
add a message.
- Your bookmark will be more durable if you laminate it.
add decoration use a hole punch to make a hole near the top and tie some ribbon
I think a wonderful graduation gift idea is to buy a book
for the graduate. The book can be anything from a cookery book if they are leaving
home to attend college or university or a book on their favorite hobby. Adding
this personalized bookmark to it with a message from yourself shows a bit of
extra thought has gone into their gift.
Return from Graduation Clip Art to
the Home page
By Jane Andrew, Copyright © 2008 - 2016 graduation-invitations-graduation-party.com